+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA error

Discussion in 'Express Entry / Expression of Interest' started by anurag85123, Dec 29, 2015.

  1. Hello everyone,

    I have received an ITA on 18th of December and I am almost done with my application. I have a 4 year degree in Electronics Engineering from India and I got an ECA done for it recently from WES. They have evaluated it to be equivalent to 4 year degree course in Canada.

    Now, when I was double checking everything I noticed a small error in my ECA for my Date of birth. So, instead of 13/03/1982 the DOB is printed as 13/02/1982. Now, although the error is quite small but it does not matches with the information I have provided.

    I am going to try to get in touch with WES and get it sorted but I wanted to know that should I hold back my application just for this or should I go ahead with it and explain in the letter of explanation that I am getting it sorted at the moment. The reason is I want to apply as soon as possible and I know WES takes a long time to respond to such requests and I dont know what it would involve to fix. Maybe i would have to get my college to send the transcripts again. Basically, I can easily lose 10-15 days in this.

    Can someone suggest what should I do ?

    thanks a lot !!!
  2. If I were you, I would wait to sort it out with WES. But if I had reasons to submit ASAP, then I would submit without any LOE and let the CIC officer catch it first. Many here would probably advise you to submit a LOE and some evidence that you've contacted WES to correct it. I am bumping this thread so that others can offer their opinion, especially the veterans who have been through the process. Best wishes.
  3. I have contacted WES twice this month and in both cases the issues were resolved by them in 8-10 Days. As this is holiday time, it may take longer but shouldn't be more than 15 days including holidays and weekends. In my cases, the ECA reference number did not change. So I think you can go forward and submit your application with an LOE. Even if the ECA reference number changes in future which is unlikely, you can send a CSE then mentioning the change.
  4. Raise query with WES, if it is not resolved within time, apply for PR and attached an LOE with proof that you have contacted WES for correction.
  5. Thanks Shipper, Moose and Cjs,

    I am actually thinking that after WES replies to me then they might ask me for some more documents, so the total time to get this issues sorted out could be Initial Waiting Time + Time to send Docs + Processing time by WES to fix the issue. So, we are looking at probably 10 + 5 + 10 i.e. around 25 days

    So, another question. What is a CSE and how do you send it later ? Is this some sort of channel in which will be opened later once I submit my application ?
  6. CSE link is : https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

    You would not get answer from there in 20 days. better call CIC call center and ask.
    I would suggest ask WES for the changes, and i not done in time then apply for PR and write LOE explaining that you have asked WES for changes in DOB.

    that will be fine. dont think of CSE for now...
  7. Do you have a copy of the transcript you sent to WES for evaluation? Check if the DoB error is in that transcript. If DoB is correctly mentioned in your transcript, you'd not need to send the transcripts again. Use below link to contact WES, mention your WES reference number and tell them about the error. It should be fixed very quickly.

    WES Contact: http://www.wes.org/ca/propass/contact.asp

    Regarding CSE, below is the link. Detail is mentioned there.

    CSE: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
  8. Let me give you a timeline for WES. I emailed them on Dec 04 to re-evaluate my education. WES customer service department sent a reply on Dec 08 stating they are looking into the issue. On Dec 11, re-evaluation was done and notified. Don't stress out that WES would take ages to correct a DoB. It would be unlikely.
  9. Thanks a lot guys. I guess i will give it a few days and then see if i dont get a reply from WES till then.

    Again, your help is highy appreciated.

Share This Page