+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA confusion

EEAspirant

Jun 24, 2018
Hi all,
My bachelor's and masters degrees are both from NAAC A institutes. While checking with the Wes free tool, it does not recognize my Master's as one. In fact, if I just add Masters and not bachelor's, it shows Canadian equivalent as 4yr bachelor's. Shall I opt for any other evaluation agency so as to get my Master's acknowledged or shall I go ahead with wes?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi all,
My bachelor's and masters degrees are both from NAAC A institutes. While checking with the Wes free tool, it does not recognize my Master's as one. In fact, if I just add Masters and not bachelor's, it shows Canadian equivalent as 4yr bachelor's. Shall I opt for any other evaluation agency so as to get my Master's acknowledged or shall I go ahead with wes?
It is a known issue with WES not recognizing Masters Degree provided by a lot of institutes from India...
However, WES remains a more popular choice for degree equivalency assessment. You can score point for 2 or more degrees instead if your Master is recognized as Bachelors.

Alternatively you can try this: https://www.icascanada.ca

Refer the CIC page for more details as well: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=681&top=29

EEAspirant

Jun 24, 2018
Thanks for replying. I understand that the processing time is the biggest worry for all except Wes. However, do I stand a chance of getting my degree recognized as master's if I go with anyone else? I ask because my crs will be considerably affected.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thanks for replying. I understand that the processing time is the biggest worry for all except Wes. However, do I stand a chance of getting my degree recognized as master's if I go with anyone else? I ask because my crs will be considerably affected.
Its a difference of 7 points between the two..

Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years 119(W Spouse) 128 (W/o Spouse)
Master's degree, OR professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession 126(W Spouse) 135 (W/o Spouse)
(For “professional degree,” the degree program must have been in: medicine, veterinary medicine, dentistry, optometry, law, chiropractic medicine, or pharmacy.)

I don't have experience on the ICAS or other tools, you can search the forum to know it better?

EEAspirant

Jun 24, 2018
Its a difference of 7 points between the two..

Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years 119(W Spouse) 128 (W/o Spouse)
Master's degree, OR professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession 126(W Spouse) 135 (W/o Spouse)
(For “professional degree,” the degree program must have been in: medicine, veterinary medicine, dentistry, optometry, law, chiropractic medicine, or pharmacy.)

I don't have experience on the ICAS or other tools, you can search the forum to know it better?

Thanks. My spouse and i are applying together. He is a Bpharm. In addition, we both have done a postgraduate diploma of one year. His got evaluated with Wes and was considered as bachelor's.
I did check previous discussions, but am still unable to decide which one to go to or to continue with Wes. My concern is also the time, since if I don't get ITA before my birthday, score will decrease further. So, i want to rerain my master's points, if possible.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thanks. My spouse and i are applying together. He is a Bpharm. In addition, we both have done a postgraduate diploma of one year. His got evaluated with Wes and was considered as bachelor's.
I did check previous discussions, but am still unable to decide which one to go to or to continue with Wes. My concern is also the time, since if I don't get ITA before my birthday, score will decrease further. So, i want to rerain my master's points, if possible.
What is your current score if you both have 2 bachelors degrees considered ?

Still in my opinion WES is quicker

Pure Soul

Aug 10, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sgvo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2018
Doc's Request.
09-08-2018
Nomination.....
04-10-2018
AOR Received.
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Hi all,
Simple..
3 years Bachelors +2 year masters+ PhD = PhD
4 years bachelors +2 years masters = Masters
3 year bachelors +2 years masters = Bachelors
3 years bachelors = community college diploma

No matter you go WES or IQAS or wherever.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
try ICES, got my wife's degree from india evaluated as masters. its costly (200$) but they are very professional and efficient.

Jun 23, 2018
i hv done 3 yrs diploma in general nursing and midwifery and sent all of my documents to Wes Canada for evaluation twice but they are again asking for academic transcripts this time.
Possibly the reason is this that my academic transcripts of 1st year are from Our state council PNRC and after that our state health sciences university I.e BFUHS started conducting our exams, so transcripts of 2nd and 3rd year are from that university. Might be, they are not accepting transcripts from BFUHS.

I HAVE sent mail to them to consider my transcripts from both institutions but they are still asking for the same..can anyone please suggest me something to get out of this problem

Thanx a lot in advance

EEAspirant

Jun 24, 2018
Simple..
3 years Bachelors +2 year masters+ PhD = PhD
4 years bachelors +2 years masters = Masters
3 year bachelors +2 years masters = Bachelors
3 years bachelors = community college diploma

No matter you go WES or IQAS or wherever.
Really? I have repeatedly read that IQAS is more lenient than WES.

EEAspirant

Jun 24, 2018
try ICES, got my wife's degree from india evaluated as masters. its costly (200$) but they are very professional and efficient.
Does she have a similar education background? How long did it take for the entire process? Any particular reason you chose ICES over the more popular IQAS?

EEAspirant

Jun 24, 2018
i hv done 3 yrs diploma in general nursing and midwifery and sent all of my documents to Wes Canada for evaluation twice but they are again asking for academic transcripts this time.
Possibly the reason is this that my academic transcripts of 1st year are from Our state council PNRC and after that our state health sciences university I.e BFUHS started conducting our exams, so transcripts of 2nd and 3rd year are from that university. Might be, they are not accepting transcripts from BFUHS.

I HAVE sent mail to them to consider my transcripts from both institutions but they are still asking for the same..can anyone please suggest me something to get out of this problem

Thanx a lot in advance
Please make a new thread. You will get relevant answers.

jaspaladil

Aug 16, 2017
Hi,
How's the Bachelor of Arts treated by WES.
In initial assessment it is showing as Community College Diploma (3 years), but i heard lots of ppl got it as Bachelor degree.
I am BA + MA, and my MA is showing as Bachelor's degree (3 years).

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
I am in a similar tricky situation where I need my wife's BA+MA to be evaluated as Masters due to the CRS score situation. I have already submitted to WES, but their degree equivalency tool shows this as Bachelors (4 years) + Post Graduate Diploma.
With ICES, did you get only MA/MSc degree evaluated as Masters or did you have to send the Bachelors transcripts as well. Also, could you please mention how long did it take for ICES to provide the ECA after receiving the documents?
@EEAspirant could you please share if you got your answer and finalized on any agency who will evaluate your credentials as Masters.