+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA by WES not clearly defined

kayel2014

Aug 1, 2014
Hi,

I am applying under NOC 0112 (HR Manager).
My full time work experience in HR is in line with definition/ description of duties and responsibilities as specified by CIC. I score 48 points on other factors besides educational qualifications (need minimum 19)

However my educational qualifications are as follows:

1. Bachelor in Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery and
2. Post graduate diploma in human resource management.

Now the ECA report after one month of evaluation time have stated the following:

Canadian equivalency summary: "Five and one half years of study & training in non-traditional medicine"

What is this supposed to mean? Since it does not specify "Degree" do I get 19 points for EQ.
How would the VO look at this in my FSW application?

Appreciate inputs from the forum. (Have written to WES - yet to receive a reply)

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
kayel2014 said:
Hi,

My full time work experience in HR is in line with definition/ description of duties and responsibilities as specified by CIC. I score 48 points on other factors besides educational qualifications (need minimum 19)

Now the ECA report after one month of evaluation time have stated the following:

Canadian equivalency summary: "Five and one half years of study & training in non-traditional medicine"

What is this supposed to mean? Since it does not specify "Degree" do I get 19 points for EQ.

Appreciate inputs from the forum. (Have written to WES - yet to receive a reply)
Has it recognized your univ in the report ?

kayel2014

Aug 1, 2014
In the detailed description it says the following:

Institution status : Recognized
Admission requirements: High School Graduation
Length of program: Five and one half years
Canadian equivalency: Five and one half years of study and training in non traditional medicine

I have seen reports of others who have a 3 year BA, BCom or BSc or 4 year BE or BTech.
These are evaluated as " Degree".....
I am therfore not sure of what my ECA report means.

Appreciate if anyone in the forum can suggest a possible explanation

Thanx

uetech

Jul 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2014
Doc's Request.
PER 30-12-2014
AOR Received.
Pics 06-02-2015
File Transfer...
Visa Officer: BWJ
Med's Request
10-06-2015
Med's Done....
29-06-2015 and post 90 days X-Ray on 30-09-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2015, Passport submitted on 29-10-2015 and received back on 13-11-2015
LANDED..........
soon, in'sha'Allah
kayel2014 said:

I do not think you will receive points for your qualification from this report as it clearly mentions "non-traditional medicine" that doesn't have much to do with being an HR manager. Senior members may confirm this though.

bond_bhai

Apr 24, 2014
kayel2014 said:
Hi,

I am not sure about this, but BHMS is probably not a recognized degree in Canada. Probably thats the reason why your ECA does not mention a degree. This is my opinion, you might want to dig a little bit on this forum itself.

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
kayel2014 said:
In the detailed description it says the following:

Institution status : Recognized
Admission requirements: High School Graduation
Length of program: Five and one half years
Canadian equivalency: Five and one half years of study and training in non traditional medicine

I have seen reports of others who have a 3 year BA, BCom or BSc or 4 year BE or BTech.
These are evaluated as " Degree".....
I am therfore not sure of what my ECA report means.

Appreciate if anyone in the forum can suggest a possible explanation

Thanx
Can you email WES and find out what 'Canadian equivalency' is met by your ECA ?

BritishGuy

Star Member
May 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think you will get any points based on that report as what you posted doesn't state equivalency to a Canadian diploma or degree.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-education.asp

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
kayel2014 said:
Hi,

This is unfortunate. I would think that your degree should have been equal to a bachelor's degree. Even if not a bachelor's degree equivalent, it should have been considered a "degree or diploma" if you completed it. But the way it stands now, "BristishGuy" is right. You need to have completed credential to claim points for education.

Did they assess your diploma in human resource management? If it is assessed as a 2 year diploma then you can still claim 19 points.

In any case, I would definitely push WES to give you clarification on the matter.

kayel2014

Aug 1, 2014
Folks,
Thanx for your inputs.
My PGDHRM from IGNOU of 1 year duration post the BHMS has been evaluated as follows:

Admission eligibility: Bachelor's Degree
Institution status: recognized
Length of program: 1 year
Canadian equivalency: second undergraduate major

This is my second credential evaluated by WES besides the BHMS.

Any comments or views on my points for EQ?

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
kayel2014 said:
Folks,
Thanx for your inputs.
My PGDHRM from IGNOU of 1 year duration post the BHMS has been evaluated as follows:

Admission eligibility: Bachelor's Degree
Institution status: recognized
Length of program: 1 year
Canadian equivalency: second undergraduate major

This is my second credential evaluated by WES besides the BHMS.

Any comments or views on my points for EQ?
How many credentials have you got evaluated in total ? Is this the highest qualification ?

ishakmohd

Jul 15, 2014
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Guys Please please need your advise urgently.. I have posted this multiple times now but no reply yet :-[

I needed some serious inputs in getting my Educational Credentials assessed. I haven't sent my documents for assessment because of the below issues. Kindly help

1. I am having a Post Graduate diploma in Business Management from a college called Wigan & Leigh College, Bangalore. This College is a branch of the Wigan and Leigh College, United Kingdom. My final PG certificate is issued by the UK College. But I cannot see the name of my college in the list of Autonomous universities/colleges. Should I tell the college to send the transcripts to WES? or can I just send the certificates directly to WES? Besides, I dont have mark sheets, instead they are all grade sheets (4 grade sheets, one for each semester+ 1 final Certificate issued by the UK college which I mentioned above). How to make sure that the documents submitted wont be in bounced back? should I get the copies attested or something? :(

3. Should I submit my PG, Graduation, Plus two and 10th standard? Or just the PG and Graduation will do?
4. My name is "Mohamed Ishak VP" in 10th, Plus two as well as graduation. But in PG, its Mohammed Ishak VP. one M is more.. :'(Is this gonna be a problem? How can it be addressed?

Kindly help seniors..Really stuck :(

Thanks
Ishak

zstream

Champion Member
May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
Nomination.....
14-12-2014
AOR Received.
19-01-2015
Med's Request
11-03-2015
Med's Done....
15-03-2015
Passport Req..
14-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015
ishakmohd said:
Guys Please please need your advise urgently.. I have posted this multiple times now but no reply yet :-[

I needed some serious inputs in getting my Educational Credentials assessed. I haven't sent my documents for assessment because of the below issues. Kindly help

1. I am having a Post Graduate diploma in Business Management from a college called Wigan & Leigh College, Bangalore. This College is a branch of the Wigan and Leigh College, United Kingdom. My final PG certificate is issued by the UK College. But I cannot see the name of my college in the list of Autonomous universities/colleges. Should I tell the college to send the transcripts to WES? or can I just send the certificates directly to WES? Besides, I dont have mark sheets, instead they are all grade sheets (4 grade sheets, one for each semester+ 1 final Certificate issued by the UK college which I mentioned above). How to make sure that the documents submitted wont be in bounced back? should I get the copies attested or something? :(

3. Should I submit my PG, Graduation, Plus two and 10th standard? Or just the PG and Graduation will do?
4. My name is "Mohamed Ishak VP" in 10th, Plus two as well as graduation. But in PG, its Mohammed Ishak VP. one M is more.. :'(Is this gonna be a problem? How can it be addressed?

Thanks
Ishak
Your case is bat-sht complex. Please post it on the FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here thread

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
ishakmohd said:

Thanks
Ishak
Just to make matters a little less complicated for the both of us, my first question to you is - how many points do you think you need from education for FSW ?

And can you provide us with the details of your Graduate Study please ?

ishakmohd

Jul 15, 2014
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Hi there,

I should get atleast 23 points for education. I did Bachelor of Arts in English Language and literature, 3 years course and PG in business management 2 year course

Ishak
nishesh3003 said:
Just to make matters a little less complicated for the both of us, my first question to you is - how many points do you think you need from education for FSW ?

And can you provide us with the details of your Graduate Study please ?

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
ishakmohd said:
Hi there,

I should get atleast 23 points for education. I did Bachelor of Arts in English Language and literature, 3 years course and PG in business management 2 year course

Ishak
This means that you need ECA to be evaluated equal to a Master's Degree.

Per your case you start with submitting the following documents, BOTH for your Graduate Degree and Your Master's Degree:

- University Transcripts in Original and in a sealed envelope from the Univ.
- Copies of University Degree Certificates (not College Certs).
- Copies of all University provided mark sheets/score sheets/grade sheets.
- Copy of the WES payment receipt (received online).
- Documents DO NOT require attestation.

Arrange the documents for both Graduate and Post Graduate Study in one package when sending to WES (recommended).

This way WES can evaluate both your Bachelors and Masters credentials and give you the maximum equivalency.