+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA - Both Bachelors & Masters?

Nov 15, 2015
Hi guys,

Please help me, My ECA report from World Education Service WES says that my Bachelor of Engineering degree (5 years) is equivalent to Bachelor's and Master's degree in Canada, What shall I put as a highest level of education in my express entry profile? and what's the best answer for my ECA report? master's degree or two or more Degrees?

master's degree gives 135 points and Two or more degrees gives 128?

hpraj

Apr 9, 2017
bullseye said:
Hi,

I am a Bachelor of Engg(B.E) & an MBA. In that case, as I have a Master's Degree, is it sufficient to get only my MBA degree assessed by WES or do I also need to assess my Bachelor's degree to qualify for 23 points.
I am facing the same scenario except for the fact that my B.Tech is from India and MBA from the US. Is it enough just to do ECA for MBA in the US?

Rizwan0900

Sep 27, 2017
Dear all,

I have done my bachelors from university of atlanta since it wasnt availible in wes therefore used iqas, after all the docs sent and everything got a reply as
Unfortunately we are unable to complete an assessment of your Bachelor’s degree because University of Atlanta does not meet the IQAS recognition criteria. Can anyone advice what can be done.. be informed iam already doinv masters from an indian university which will be completed by next year..

pindamani

Sep 24, 2017
Hello Guys, My question is for physicians from India applying to Canada express entry. Are you evaluating your education from physicianapply.ca or WES agency? My purpose of evaluation is immigration only , not further study MCEE in Canada.
I will appreciate if any Physician advise me on this. Thank you.

Bassay

Star Member
Sep 29, 2017
Dear all,

I have done my bachelors from university of atlanta since it wasnt availible in wes therefore used iqas, after all the docs sent and everything got a reply as
Unfortunately we are unable to complete an assessment of your Bachelor’s degree because University of Atlanta does not meet the IQAS recognition criteria. Can anyone advice what can be done.. be informed iam already doinv masters from an indian university which will be completed by next year..
I suggest you to go for an evaluation through WES. If university of Atlanta is recognized by one of the six regional recognizing organizations in the US, they will accept it as a masters equivalent to Canada. I know that in WES tool University of Atlanta does not show up. But that does not mean they would not recognize it as an equivalent. Give a try. I feel you might be lucky this time.

Lego&Gilly

Oct 20, 2017
Dear all,

Hi Rizwan, how many days did it took for IQAS to assess that the university is not recognized?

Bassay

Star Member
Sep 29, 2017
I have a wierd situation now with my ECA. All of a sudden WES has put my completed ECA on Hold. They sent photocopies of my transcripts to University for a "verification". GOD! After completing the ECA and after me making final submission, now WES has put my completed ECA on HOld and IRCC won't be able to access my report until my university reverts back. This is particularly happening with Osmania University degrees in Hyderabad, India. Anyone else in same situation?

Bassay

Star Member
Sep 29, 2017
Hi guys,

Please help me, My ECA report from World Education Service WES says that my Bachelor of Engineering degree (5 years) is equivalent to Bachelor's and Master's degree in Canada, What shall I put as a highest level of education in my express entry profile? and what's the best answer for my ECA report? master's degree or two or more Degrees?

master's degree gives 135 points and Two or more degrees gives 128?
Masters equivalent

135rajesh

Jan 22, 2019
I want to apply for Canada Express entry, I have the following query regarding WES assesment.

Currently I am Living and working in india, but previously, I have completed my Masters and Doctorate from Sweden, In WES Assesment all the certificates should be attested and sealed and signed by the university officials and have to send them to WES.

How can i do that process as, currently I am in India. Please help me regarding these, if there is any thing Online or how i can do that.