+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA - Both Bachelors & Masters?

bullseye

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
Hi,

I am a Bachelor of Engg(B.E) & an MBA. In that case, as I have a Master's Degree, is it sufficient to get only my MBA degree assessed by WES or do I also need to assess my Bachelor's degree to qualify for 23 points.

Reactions: bmtorralba

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
bullseye said:
Hi,

I am a Bachelor of Engg(B.E) & an MBA. In that case, as I have a Master's Degree, is it sufficient to get only my MBA degree assessed by WES or do I also need to assess my Bachelor's degree to qualify for 23 points.
I'm also stuck at the same question. Logically only Masters degree should be sent and must get the job done. However, I would like to have a confirmation.

Reactions: bmtorralba

Ascent

May 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bullseye and EnthuChap!!!!

From which country you have your education??? as in my case thay are requiring all educational documents from secondary school till Masters (MBA)

:'( :eek: :-\ undecided.

SAM29

Jun 10, 2014
1st i had sent only my MASTERS DEGREE BUT later they asked for bachelors degree too for assessment .i have received my evaluation report in feb 14

quhsam

Jun 11, 2014
Hi

I have my B.sc degree from Bangladesh and M.Sc from sweden. I sent my B.Sc and M.Sc documents, however, received assessment only for the M.Sc. Which, in fact, is stating that I have a canadian equivalent masters. I was wondering why did not they assess my B.sc degree. Will it be a problem for FSW application. Please share your experiences.

cprograme84

Apr 29, 2014
WES will evaluate only the highest degree and you get points on that.

I also had a similar problem , I did my Bachelors in Engg from India and did my MBA in Marketing from India.

During the WES submission process, i checked and found that my university for Engg was in the WES database, but the univ of my mba degree was not. I called my mba college and followed up, but they were not able to confirm if WES will consider their degree equivalent of Canadian masters. Since Engg and MBA are both different fields i sent only my Engg. degree for evaluation

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
I have received my ECA evaluation report (positive). Sharing it with you all.

I sent documents of the Bachelors degree (from Mumbai University) to WES myself. Also, followed the procedure as specified by WES for India.

I requested in an email to my UK university to send the transcripts and a copy of my certificate directly to WES. Please note that I had also attached a scanned copy of my certificate in the email. Also, followed the procedure for UK universities.

I had also filed and included the WES form for both universities individually.

I received a positive outcome. My Canadian Equivalency is 'Masters' as per the report. Here are some milestones.
WES Account Created on 25 Jul 2014
WES received all my docs - notification received on 06 Aug 2014
WES evaluation completion due on 03 Sep - notification received on 06 Aug 2014 ( same email as above)
WES Evaluation completed - notification received on 19 Aug 2014
WES Report delivered on - 23 Aug 2014

Hope this helps ;) Good luck :)

happy16

Jul 13, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
Few suggestions below based on all queries and doubts above--

- First of all sending school certificates (secondary, Senior-Higher secondary) is mandatory/required only for certain countries, so you see them in required documents if yous is the case... others/majority here are not required to send them..

- Secondly in many cases, Masters is evaluated by WES as Bachelor's Degree - 4 years, hence I'll strongly suggest to send both (or all) of your post-secondary degrees for evaluation (Masters, BE, Diploma etc) as if your Masters is somehow not evaluated as Masters, then you can at least make 22 points for CIC app.

eg. If you send only Masters and that's evaluated as Bachelor's 4 years then you Only get 21 points

but if you'd send both degrees and get Bachelor's 4 years for Masters and say Bachelor's 3 years for your Bachelors then you get 22 points

and also just in case your Masters is not evaluated as any Canadian equivalency then you won't make Any points at all and will have to send your other degree again to get at least 21 points so why not send them in one go even if you get highest degree evaluated as Masters no harm taking the extra effort to at least secure 22 in case it's not evaluated as Masters!!

- Finally again even if you had sent both the degrees and WES has evaluated only highest degree as 'Masters' then don't worry, you get 23 points and no problem in CIC app, in CIC application package you still send copies of All your educational documents!!

Yes if you had sent 2 degrees and they only evaluated one and that too as a Bachelor's Degree, then do take it up with WES to get revised report with both your degree's evaluated but I guess this case would be rare..

Hope all above explanations clarifies your doubts!!

Remember again, send all your degrees for evaluation.. you have paid the money, why take the risk!!

Good luck!!

oasis.gc1

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Need your help. I am planning to apply for PR under CEC. My details and questions are:

1) I have bachelors in commerce (2004, Mumbai Uni) and masters in commerce (2007, Pune uni) degree from India. Do I have to get both degrees verified by WES.

2) I do have the individual year mark sheets, final consolidated mark sheets and a certificate issued by university that confirms that I have completed respective degrees (issued in 2004 and 2007 respectively), but I never applied for degree certificate, so I don't have degree certificate. Is it enough to receive confirmation from WES?

3) Do I need degree certificates for both programs? I do not have my bachelors degree certificate and I am sure that it will take at least 6 months for me to obtain the degree certificate for the bachelors, so can I submit the credentials of masters certificate only, my masters is from Pune University and is well recognized masters program.

Please help.

milsv

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/WARSAW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2014
Nomination.....
<br><b>PER Received:</b> 23-03-2015
AOR Received.
21-05-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
7-7-2015
Med's Done....
5-8-2015<br><b> Med's Received:</b> 14-10-2015
Interview........
DM: 26-12-2015
Passport Req..
28-12-2015<br></b>[hr]<b>;D</b>
VISA ISSUED...
15-01-2016
LANDED..........
<b>12-07-2016</b>
oasis.gc1 said:
Need your help. I am planning to apply for PR under CEC. My details and questions are:

1) I have bachelors in commerce (2004, Mumbai Uni) and masters in commerce (2007, Pune uni) degree from India. Do I have to get both degrees verified by WES.

2) I do have the individual year mark sheets, final consolidated mark sheets and a certificate issued by university that confirms that I have completed respective degrees (issued in 2004 and 2007 respectively), but I never applied for degree certificate, so I don't have degree certificate. Is it enough to receive confirmation from WES?

3) Do I need degree certificates for both programs? I do not have my bachelors degree certificate and I am sure that it will take at least 6 months for me to obtain the degree certificate for the bachelors, so can I submit the credentials of masters certificate only, my masters is from Pune University and is well recognized masters program.

Please help.
Would advise you to obtain your Bachelor's too. Read the previous post.
You can get the attested marksheets in a sealed envelope as per WES requirement from the Mum Univ. Kalina campus. Don't worry, they are familiar with the procedure. It took me only 3 weeks to obtain it.

Best luck

oasis.gc1

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Hi Milsv,

Thanks for your note. The problem with Mumbai University is that they do not issue duplicate degree certificate in between anytime, so I have to wait till next convocation for obtaining my degree certificate that is six months from now.

I have all the marksheets and can get those attested, but will marksheets only do?

Thanks

marialekseeva

Nov 21, 2014
When you request to evaluate both Bachelor and Masters - does that mean you request two separate reports and pay $200 for each of them? or it's one report?

milsv

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/WARSAW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2014
Nomination.....
<br><b>PER Received:</b> 23-03-2015
AOR Received.
21-05-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
7-7-2015
Med's Done....
5-8-2015<br><b> Med's Received:</b> 14-10-2015
Interview........
DM: 26-12-2015
Passport Req..
28-12-2015<br></b>[hr]<b>;D</b>
VISA ISSUED...
15-01-2016
LANDED..........
<b>12-07-2016</b>
oasis.gc1 said:
Hi Milsv,

Thanks for your note. The problem with Mumbai University is that they do not issue duplicate degree certificate in between anytime, so I have to wait till next convocation for obtaining my degree certificate that is six months from now.

I have all the marksheets and can get those attested, but will marksheets only do?

Thanks
You may not need degree certificates for WES. The Mum Univ desk will hand you an envelope that is sealed and addressed to WES. This will contain the attested marksheets. You can send this across to WES with a cover note explaining you don't have the Degree certificate. Hopefully, the attested sealed marksheets should do.
Best Luck,
Mils