+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA at WES - they didn't evaluate my Postgraduate Certificate

pultyn

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Hi there,

quick question. As you can see above, WES didn't evaluate my CERTIFICATE OF POSTGRADUATE STUDIES. Don't know why, just sent question to them...
The fact is they did evaluate my Master's Degree and I got 125 CRS points.

Does it make any difference for me to get this Certificate Of Postgraduate Studies evaluated if CRS says 140 is maximum amount of points I can get for level of education?

Or is it working this way:

125 (Master's degree) + 84 (One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute w/spouse) = 209 total? It would be great :)

Thank you for any answers.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pultyn said:
Hi there,

quick question. As you can see above, WES didn't evaluate my CERTIFICATE OF POSTGRADUATE STUDIES. Don't know why, just sent question to them...
The fact is they did evaluate my Master's Degree and I got 125 CRS points.

Does it make any difference for me to get this Certificate Of Postgraduate Studies evaluated if CRS says 140 is maximum amount of points I can get for level of education?

Or is it working this way:

125 (Master's degree) + 84 (One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute w/spouse) = 209 total? It would be great :)

Thank you for any answers.
Your second certificate is not necessary seeing as you already have a Master's degree. You cannot add the points obtained from your Master's degree to that of your certificate, it doesn't work that way. The maximum points you can obtain for education is 150 without a spouse or 140 with a spouse for a PhD followed by 135 without a spouse or 126 with spouse for a Master's degree. You cannot score 209 for education.

pultyn

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Thanks.

My NOC 2282 is related to my Postgraduate Certificate + more than 4 years of experience. I've never worked in profession connected to my master's degree which is managerial position.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It doesn't matter. You will still get the second highest possible points for education. And you can get a high CRS score if you have CLB 9+ scores on your IELTS in addition to those 4 years of experience.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pultyn said:
Thanks.

My NOC 2282 is related to my Postgraduate Certificate + more than 4 years of experience. I've never worked in profession connected to my master's degree which is managerial position.
Your education doesn't have to be related to your profession as long as your profession isn't regulated. NOC 2282 isn't a regulated profession so you're good.

JB007

Oct 27, 2014
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 May
Doc's Request.
24 May
AOR Received.
15 May
Med's Done....
23 Apr
You should ideally be getting points for "Two or more..." which makes a total of 128 points :)