+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA assessment question.

easyrock77

Aug 7, 2016
So I graduate from a university in US and planning on doing an assessment. I have a undergrad degree (4 Year degree) and dual masters (3 years degree finished in two years) so my question is do I send both the degrees and should I send dual masters as individual or separate because the transcript has all the grades together but have two certificates. And another question is during my undergrad I transferred school and all the transferred credits have P grade (Pass Grade) rather than number. So does it only say that I have two years of undergraduate?

Thanks a lot.

P.S. which is the best designated organizations for ECAs. (Inexpensive and good)

THANKS

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
easyrock77 said:
So I graduate from a university in US and planning on doing an assessment. I have a undergrad degree (4 Year degree) and dual masters (3 years degree finished in two years) so my question is do I send both the degrees and should I send dual masters as individual or separate because the transcript has all the grades together but have two certificates. And another question is during my undergrad I transferred school and all the transferred credits have P grade (Pass Grade) rather than number. So does it only say that I have two years of undergraduate?

Thanks a lot.

P.S. which is the best designated organizations for ECAs. (Inexpensive and good)

THANKS
As a rule, you generally only need to get your highest degree assessed (in your case, Master's). For some countries, WES requires you to also send in your Bachelor's degree, but I don't think this is the case for the US (if it is, it will be listed in the document checklist).

If you're assessed as having 2 Master's, you will only get points for 1 Master's degree. So in theory, you only need to send 1 of your Master's degrees. But WES charges you per report, not per degree, so in my opinion, you're better off having both assessed.

I mentioned WES because they are the one I know about, and the one that most people on the forum use.
But you can always check each organisation's website for price and processing time.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
easyrock77 said:
And another question is during my undergrad I transferred school and all the transferred credits have P grade (Pass Grade) rather than number. So does it only say that I have two years of undergraduate?
If you completed your undergrad at 2 different institutions, you should submit transcripts from both. Even if the credits transferred, the ECA org is going to want to see the original transcript.

Augustiner

Star Member
Aug 13, 2016
I got my first 4 semesters at 2 other undergraduate schools but I sent WES only my last undergrad school transcript (5 semesters). WES still recognized my Bachelor. So, in my case I did not have to request all my undergrad schools to send academic records to WES!
@jes_ON: I recommend you to submit dual Master and Bachelor records from the one you got your diploma. Same price, less trouble in the future with CIC and convenience for job search, education in canada (in case). If they request additional docs, they will tell you.

uhansaka

Oct 24, 2018
Hi i have 2 things to ask you ,1# person post graduate diploma will accepted for canada migration. with that can we apply as "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.".
2# i'm software developer and have Bsc in Business IT and if i did MBA will it be able to get points.

Oct 24, 2018
Hello everyone,

Greetings of the day!!

I belongs to India and a former student of Bachelor of Science ( Hospitality and Hotel Administration).

Actually my college is affiliated to National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology with collaboration to IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) but the degree will be awarded by IGNOU.

Which University transcript, I'll have to send to WES for evaluation??

Any idea?

Please do reply if anyone read my post.

It's urgent.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Vivek Chaudhary

hitesh0414

Apr 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December, 2016
AOR Received.
10 December, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November,2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
Hello everyone,

Greetings of the day!!

I belongs to India and a former student of Bachelor of Science ( Hospitality and Hotel Administration).

Actually my college is affiliated to National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology with collaboration to IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) but the degree will be awarded by IGNOU.

Which University transcript, I'll have to send to WES for evaluation??

Any idea?

Please do reply if anyone read my post.

It's urgent.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Vivek Chaudhary

Transcripts are issued by the university/institution issuing the degree.