+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Easiest Route to get PR as a student in 2014 ?

Jango1

Apr 16, 2014
Hi All,

My Background:

B.E Mechanical passed in 2007 with 59%
Then worked with a US based company in Pune for 3.3 years as a CAD `computer aided design` analyst.
Here I support engineers for mechanical design of components by imparting training on CAD and admin support.
Knowledge transfer about CAD from industry experts to our engineers.
Travelled to michigan for change project

Msc in Management from UK (Merit 2:1) 2011-2013
In the second year 2012 to 2013, I worked with Tata steel as a placement year student.
Work profile was on a managerial level to lead engineering and energy work stream and project manage the deployment of a strategic process.

Overall experience 5.5 years. Now, I am in India and jobless.

I am looking to get a quick PR and applying for Sep 2014 admission for PGDM in project management. This is the only option as I am already a masters degree holder, I can say that I am looking for a specialization in project management so doing PGDM.

But no colleges are providing the same degree in Alberta or Nova Scotia which are easier to get PR.

Any advice please help, I have very less time :'(

Sparky_Dave

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jango1 said:
Hi All,

My Background:

B.E Mechanical passed in 2007 with 59%
Then worked with a US based company in Pune for 3.3 years as a CAD `computer aided design` analyst.
Here I support engineers for mechanical design of components by imparting training on CAD and admin support.
Knowledge transfer about CAD from industry experts to our engineers.
Travelled to michigan for change project

Msc in Management from UK (Merit 2:1) 2011-2013
In the second year 2012 to 2013, I worked with Tata steel as a placement year student.
Work profile was on a managerial level to lead engineering and energy work stream and project manage the deployment of a strategic process.

Overall experience 5.5 years. Now, I am in India and jobless.

I am looking to get a quick PR and applying for Sep 2014 admission for PGDM in project management. This is the only option as I am already a masters degree holder, I can say that I am looking for a specialization in project management so doing PGDM.

But no colleges are providing the same degree in Alberta or Nova Scotia which are easier to get PR.

Any advice please help, I have very less time :'(
http://me.rrc.mb.ca/catalogue/ProgramInfo.aspx?ProgCode=TECMP-AD&RegionCode=WPG

Technology Management- Project Management
Red River college, Winnipeg, Manitoba
1 year PGDM ....for pr in Manitoba you have to work full time anywhere for 6 months.
so, after 1.6 years you will be eligible for pr.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Jango1 said:
Best. Many advised me the same. I am applying :)
ur only problem is PG after masters....

Jango1

Apr 16, 2014
The reason to convince embassy is that I have completed masters which is more general.
Hence looking for a short specialized course.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Jango1 said:
The reason to convince embassy is that I have completed masters which is more general.
Hence looking for a short specialized course.
specialized would be Phd and not PGDM.

vctrokoyeeducation

Star Member
Jun 13, 2013
My guy I'm presently in Canada. Just completed my diploma program in IT. There were many guys in my class that came from India with masters. And yet they were all given visas for a Post Graduate Program. And besides project management is a program for any person that wants to be a project manager. Visa officers will not raise any eyebrow because you are on the right track. Go ahead and as long as you meet the visa requirement, visa is then certain.

Jango1

Apr 16, 2014
Thanks dear.

Can you inbox me your contact details and name privately, so that we can be in touch.
Good to have friends in canada. :)

Regards,
Jango

rahul247rocks

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
6-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2014
I am going to Sheridan College for 1 year PG Certificate Interactive Media Management I heard Sheridan is an awesome college for animation and multimedia. I also completed by Bsc. Multimedia and Animation from India (Sept 2013). What program is the safest for me to get a PR?

If I get a job after my studies should I try for LMO and eventually CEC (Canadian Express Class)

or

Should I go to other states and Apply for PNP like in Alberta

or

What are my chances of getting Ontario PNP after getting a job.

I will have 1 year PGWP after my studies so I need to decide before that which path to take for PR.

Your advice is always helpful.

Thanks,
Rahul

montygoldy

May 4, 2014
rahul i have also applied for the same course in sheriden as well as i have the same qualificatio like you. Mine from picasso animation & urs ????.

rahul247rocks

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
6-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2014
Arena Animation - I got acceptance letter but I am really worried about this 1 year thing. Also, I heard that after graduation you cannot apply for diploma programs, is it true?

Thanks,
Rahul

Jango1

Apr 16, 2014
1 year PGDM (actual academic = 8 months) = 12 months Post study work visa
2 year PGDM (actual academic = 16 months) = 3 years Post study work visa

You can do 1 year PGDM and register in another course for a dual PGDM and be eligible to apply for 3 years PSW.

Does it answer you ?

montygoldy

May 4, 2014
rahul247rocks said:
Arena Animation - I got acceptance letter but I am really worried about this 1 year thing. Also, I heard that after graduation you cannot apply for diploma programs, is it true?

Thanks,
Rahul

Thats amazing man. When have u applied for that. I have applied just couple of days ago. Add me.