+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Early Pregnancy and medical

supergirl007

Apr 8, 2019
I got request for medical test two days back. Tomorrow I have to go for medical test.
I am pregnant (11weeks). My husband sponsored (Canada) me. My husband is Canadian citizen. I am from India.
Doctor said no x-ray. So, do I have to wait till October for x-ray?
And Centre Migration Medical people said that I can give other tests but they will keep my record on hold till my x-ray is not done! I will have to wait 6 months???
My husband applied for my visa on December, and application will be valid for more 8 months. So, I will have to apply for visa all over again if time limit gets over?
My husband already paid all the fees for sponsorship and all.
I am really worried. :(

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
We were in same situation. Did our research. Spoke with Gynecologist. Decided to go ahead with X-ray with proper protection. If you feel comfortable then talk to your Dr. and tell them that you want to go ahead with X-ray. It's your decision and your Dr. cannot refuse X-ray if you are OK with it.

Mir Hamid Ali

Jan 22, 2017
I got request for medical test two days back. Tomorrow I have to go for medical test.
I am pregnant (11weeks). My husband sponsored (Canada) me. My husband is Canadian citizen. I am from India.
Doctor said no x-ray. So, do I have to wait till October for x-ray?
And Centre Migration Medical people said that I can give other tests but they will keep my record on hold till my x-ray is not done! I will have to wait 6 months???
My husband applied for my visa on December, and application will be valid for more 8 months. So, I will have to apply for visa all over again if time limit gets over?
My husband already paid all the fees for sponsorship and all.
I am really worried. :(
We are at the same situation. Medicals are done and background check is in process. Additional documents were requested. I called IRCC to ask if and how i need to update Immigration about my wife pregnancy. IRCC answer was no need to update or there is no requirement for this kind of cases.

supergirl007

Apr 8, 2019
We are at the same situation. Medicals are done and background check is in process. Additional documents were requested. I called IRCC to ask if and how i need to update Immigration about my wife pregnancy. IRCC answer was no need to update or there is no requirement for this kind of cases.
So, your wife did x-ray or not?

supergirl007

Apr 8, 2019
We were in same situation. Did our research. Spoke with Gynecologist. Decided to go ahead with X-ray with proper protection. If you feel comfortable then talk to your Dr. and tell them that you want to go ahead with X-ray. It's your decision and your Dr. cannot refuse X-ray if you are OK with it.
Yeah, it’s my decision but doctor mentioned the risk. After knowing how can I go for x-ray?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yeah, it’s my decision but doctor mentioned the risk. After knowing how can I go for x-ray?
If you are not comfortable doing the x-ray your doctor will send in your medical along with a message that you will complete x-ray after birth. This is quite common.

Ummaima

Jan 16, 2023
So you went ahead with the x ray? How far along were you? And I hope there wasn't any abnormality when you gave birth? Sorry for the question. I'm just scared

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
So you went ahead with the x ray? How far along were you? And I hope there wasn't any abnormality when you gave birth? Sorry for the question. I'm just scared
yes. Went ahead with X-ray. Kid turned 5 year last week and looks normal so far. Lol.

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
That's really nice. I'm happy for you.....I'm 7 weeks now was scared. Thanks for the reply. Was it also in your early pregnancy?
I had the x-ray done a couple days before I found out I was pregnant. I definitely worried a bit, but I read that the chest x-ray is actually safer earlier in pregnancy because the uterus is lower. My kiddo is now nearly 1 and healthy. Research it a bit and decide for yourself, but don't worry too much!