24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
EXPRESS ENTRY APPLICATION LIFE CYCLE:

A basic summary (P.S. Timelines and order may vary based on country and stream):

1. eAOR - electronic Acknowledgement of Receipt - a templated letter saying that your application is submitted with the application number mentioned (applicants may use this to apply for a BOW Permit, if applicable);

2. Meds Passed - Medicals Pass and file is initially opened to check for R10 satisfaction at the CIO (Central Intake Office);

3. BG IP(1) - Background Check in Progress for the first time - usually happens on the same day your Meds Pass. At this stage they check for all documents and that whether the applicant is not missing any documents. They are not scrutinized at this stage, except for Police Clearance certificate (dates, and period is covered based on your answers from the Personal and Travel History); Additional docs (like Schedule A, Travel History, Family Info, Proof of something, etc.) may be requested at this stage.

4. *Next Step is to conduct a Background Check - NBG (not all applicants see this) - This is usually only when an applicant submits an RCMPreport and thus the security check is done later.

5. BG NA - Not Applicable - usually happens between 1-2 months from eAOR. This is where applicants' first phase of A11.1 Eligibility and documents are checked by the CIO. At this stage the agent checks if the points match, are above the round's ITA points, eligibility under the stream is met, points are claimed genuinely and if there are no irregularities in the docs or work exp, NOC, etc. After this the application is sent to the Local Visa Office (LVO) for finalization and second checks.

6. BG IP(2) - Background Check in Progress for the second time - This is the stage wherein the LVO opens the file to check your entire application and confirm the notes and insights from the CIO agent. Eg. proof of funds, letter of employment, if any; This usually happens after all the security, criminality and eligibility is all okay. and at around the 4 months mark from the eAOR.

7. PPR - Passport Request email - Ready for Visa/Demande Finalé - This is the email which every applicant stresses and waits for, it is on this forum also known as The Golden Email. This means the officer is satisfied and has approved your application also has requested your passport (if needed) or photocopy of passport (if from visa-exempt country) along with 2 photos and annex A form, to stamp the Immigrant Visa and issue the CoPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residency (a letter serving proof that you are a PR). It is this letter used for "landing" at the border and in officially becoming a Permanent Resident. This letter is later also used for citizenship application (if applicable).

Again, this is a small summary and an estimated timeline based on my personal experience and it may vary throughout. But the stages are more or less structured and happen in an Express Entry Application Life Cycle. Timings and order may differ.

Note: I was an FSW-Inland applicant.

Good luck! :)

Harsimrat117

Star Member
Sep 9, 2017
Hey, Can you please let me know that usually how much time does it take for the medicals result in FSW? I had submitted my E-APR on 7th October. No update till now.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hey, Can you please let me know that usually how much time does it take for the medicals result in FSW? I had submitted my E-APR on 7th October. No update till now.
it can take up to a month. you have to start learning to be patient :) updates take a long time sometimes, you have a long road ahead of you, too ealry to start stressing

Reactions: Harsimrat117

flanerie017

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
19-10-2017
File Transfer...
30-11-2017
Med's Done....
08-11-2017
Do we need to submit biometrics as well? Is it as soon as we receive the AOR?

Harsimrat117

Star Member
Sep 9, 2017
it can take up to a month. you have to start learning to be patient :) updates take a long time sometimes, you have a long road ahead of you, too ealry to start stressing
Thank you :)
I got the result.
But along with it i got a Schedule A Background verification form to fill. Anyone here aware of that? Is it that some info was missing or inappropriate?
Please let me know,
Thanks

arashnour

Aug 26, 2018
Iran
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
15-08-2018
AOR Received.
29-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-10-2018
thanks for your input! unfortunately i didnt have the confidence to apply on my own and hired a representative, which has turned out to be a disaster. he refuses to let me know at what stage is my profile and i have found out on my own and the little information i have gathered based on the documents they have asked. wish i knew how my application is moving forward, if moving at all!

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
thanks for your input! unfortunately i didnt have the confidence to apply on my own and hired a representative, which has turned out to be a disaster. he refuses to let me know at what stage is my profile and i have found out on my own and the little information i have gathered based on the documents they have asked. wish i knew how my application is moving forward, if moving at all!
Order your gcms notes. No need for representative for that. It will show you everuthing there is to know about your application.
You should be able to get rid of your representative if you don't feel he's helping out.

Reactions: arashnour

sa.sunshine

Sep 4, 2018
Hi,

Can someone please tell how to find out if my application is in BG check (1) or BG check (2). My current status is -

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Does the message "when we start your background check" means that my background check hasn't even started. I submitted my docs on June 22, 2018. Any idea when will I get PR?

How do you check what date any step was completed? For e.g., I cant figure out when I passed my medical test.
Thanks so much!

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Hi,

Can someone please tell how to find out if my application is in BG check (1) or BG check (2). My current status is -

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

For me it says we will let u know if we need anything else

Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Does the message "when we start your background check" means that my background check hasn't even started. I submitted my docs on June 22, 2018. Any idea when will I get PR?

How do you check what date any step was completed? For e.g., I cant figure out when I passed my medical test.
Thanks so much!

BC_BA_Kimi

Jul 6, 2018
Submitted application August 27th 2018 - received AOR same day. Can someone help with what status this is in? I'm not sure why it is stating medical not required, when earlier in the process it was asked for and I provided it. Thanks.

Application step Current status Help

Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results - You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents.

Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Reactions: abhinav27

smandalapu

Aug 23, 2014
Applied under CEC on Aug 26,2017
AOR
dated Aug 27, 2018
Medical exam passed
on Sep 20, 2018 waiting for the next stages in the application:

Details about application status

Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results - You passed the medical exam.

Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Question: How many days would it take to start the background checks post medicals? I see some applicants have status as "We are processing your background check" the very day they passed medicals. Am I expecting delays or is it quite normal?

Thanks...

Gayathri Seshanjali

Jan 10, 2018
Applied under CEC on Aug 26,2017
AOR
dated Aug 27, 2018
Medical exam passed
on Sep 20, 2018 waiting for the next stages in the application:

Details about application status

Review of medical results - You passed the medical exam.

Background check - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

Question: How many days would it take to start the background checks post medicals? I see some applicants have status as "We are processing your background check" the very day they passed medicals. Am I expecting delays or is it quite normal?

Thanks...
Hi do u have any update on your background check