+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

E-medical confusion (and X-ray deferral)

ESUJ

Oct 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2015
AOR Received.
19-02-2016
Med's Done....
01-12-2015
LANDED..........
15-11-2016
Hi guys,

I did my medical exam this week in Berlin (Germany) at the panel physician. I'm so confused and I hope you can help me...

I admit was not in a good shape on that day so I didn't really grab the further process... she did everything but the X-ray (I am pregnant- hence the bad shape ;-) ) and opened an E-medical account for me. I asked her about the form IMM 5733 (X-ray deferral because of pregnancy) but she had never heard of it. So I didn't get it.

She just filled everything into the computer and submitted it to CIC I guess? Or what it going to happen now? She didn't explain... But it's my own fault... I was so confused that I didn't ask for further details...

So what exactly am I going to have to include into my application now, concerning the medicals? Are CIC automatically going to be informed and that's it (but that would be the first thing they would hear about me at this point as I haven't submitted my application/registered myself anywhere, my identity will be entirely new to them...), or do I have to include some sort of proof?

How about the X-ray deferral, will CIC realize I didn't do it because I'm pregnant even though I'm not including that form into my application? Or should I go back to the doctor and convince her to fill it out for me? (Or is it only for the paper form of Medicals anyway and doesn't apply to e-Medicals?)

Maybe some of you guys have experience with that, I'd be so happy.... thanks!!!!!! :)

Ps. I'm just heaving a very worrying thought- do you have an idea if she would have actually submitted the med results to CIC at all- even without X-ray? She said something about it going on hold until my X-ray will be done after the birth- but CIC can see I did the rest, can't they? Hmm maybe I'll have to call the doctor again and ask. To be honest I didn't really have the feeling that she herself had understood the entire process either :-/

Pps. Sorry for all the confused question but I'm so confused myself now...

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
No One has answered you so i will give it my best shot from what i have read about medicals and pregnant women applying. The Panel Dr will forward the medical Part of your exam and blood test but will wait until you have given birth for you to have the xray then will forward the rest to CIC .

When you send your application off make sure you tell them you are pregnant and the due date and advise them the xray will be completed as soon after the birth of the child.

Rvthiii

Jul 21, 2015
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 26, 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 14, 2015
Med's Done....
July 21, 2015
I'm also pregnant when we filed our application last Aug 2015, I did all the medical exam except the xray-which was deferred and was completed after giving birth(Nov 2015). But the hospital staff gave me a deferred letter for xray which i gave when i came back for the xray. They also gave me a proof letter that i did the medical it is indicated there that i'm pregnant and my due date. We iincluded that proof letter when we submit our application.

ESUJ

Oct 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2015
AOR Received.
19-02-2016
Med's Done....
01-12-2015
LANDED..........
15-11-2016
Ok thanks... so I should go back to the doctor and ask for some sort of (on paper) proof that I did the medicals but not yet the Yray due to pregnancy?! Or will the eMedicals somehow do this automatically- what do ppl do who do the entire Medical exam per eMedical. Are they including any sort of paper proof to their application?!? Or is it done 100% electronically and they don't have to take care of it further?

Rvthiii

Jul 21, 2015
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 26, 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 14, 2015
Med's Done....
July 21, 2015
ESUJ said:
Ok thanks... so I should go back to the doctor and ask for some sort of (on paper) proof that I did the medicals but not yet the Yray due to pregnancy?! Or will the eMedicals somehow do this automatically- what do ppl do who do the entire Medical exam per eMedical. Are they including any sort of paper proof to their application?!? Or is it done 100% electronically and they don't have to take care of it further?
For me you should go back to the hospital where you did your medical exam because you need the proof or the emedical sheet for your application

sumitruby

Nov 11, 2017
Hello. We're stuck in a similar situation as you. My wife is pregnant and we got the medical done in paris in august without xray for wife. The doctor confirmed that he has mentioned in emedical about the pregnancy. He did not provide us any confirmation form (IMM5733E), so while sending the application, we just attached an explanation letter along with pregnancy declaration certificate to inform cic about the deferral.

But now after 3 months, we recieved an email from cic saying "they haven't recieved all the medical reports for my wife". They have asked to contact the physician, but we're not sure as to what we should ask the physician to provide us. He will again say the same thing to us that he has done his part and informed cic. Please help, we have only 5 days to complete this..... totally lost and confused!! :(

sumitruby

Nov 11, 2017
Hello. We're stuck in a similar situation as you. My wife is pregnant and we got the medical done in paris in august without xray for wife. The doctor confirmed that he has mentioned in emedical about the pregnancy. He did not provide us any confirmation form (IMM5733E), so while sending the application, we just attached an explanation letter along with pregnancy declaration certificate to inform cic about the deferral.

But now after 3 months, we recieved an email from cic saying "they haven't recieved all the medical reports for my wife". They have asked to contact the physician, but we're not sure as to what we should ask the physician to provide us. He will again say the same thing to us that he has done his part and informed cic. Please help, we have only 5 days to complete this..... totally lost and confused!! :(
Also, how can we make sure that cic is aware of our deferral due to pregnancy and has put the application on hold!