16-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-12-2014
Nayeemchy said:
Please give us the call center number, then we could contact them.

Google is your answer my friend

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp

indianabones

Feb 7, 2014
2nd time this week, possibly 3rd time where we've got an email saying there's been an update to your application, please check mycic for more information.

I took a screenshot before and since the update and there are no changes at all.

Is this something to contact them about or is this still an ongoing issue?

GMCSierra

Feb 22, 2014
I had the same thing happen to me Indiana. 3 times this week, 3 emails saying account has been updated, every time, nothing new.

poppyweise

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Saskatchewan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just wait. Probably the visa officer opened your file time and time again. I got that happened to me and finally after a couple days they approved. They have to check financial and all the other documents to confirm genuineness. So don't fret!

indianabones

Feb 7, 2014
I'm started to get ****ed off with this whole process. It's a holiday shouldn't be so God damn long and painful to be in a position to go holiday.

The CIC processing time is 10 days for London, the High Commission has given a timeframe of 7 work days. It's now the 9th day and they don't even have the courtesy to apologise or give us an estimate of how much longer it takes. I paid over £100 and a ****load more in fuel to get all this sorted out and I'm not pleased with the service.

Tbh I'm not too fussed if they reject us, I'll just book a cruise or go somewhere locally, not my ideal holiday. But the way these guys are going about things, I feel like sticking my middle finger up to Canada.

I've sent an email through the webform, will see what they say.

cindyqiao

Feb 20, 2014
Same here.I emailed them, got answer next day saying "Please note that your application is currently in process as per regulatory procedures". I submitted the application for Temporary Resident Visa on February 05 2014, I checked the processing time for online Temporary Resident Visa posted by CIC was 9 days.

indianabones

Feb 7, 2014
cindyqiao said:
Same here.I emailed them, got answer next day saying "Please note that your application is currently in process as per regulatory procedures". I submitted the application for Temporary Resident Visa on February 05 2014, I checked the processing time for online Temporary Resident Visa posted by CIC was 9 days.
Which office did you apply to/from?

It's terrible really, we apply online and it's the 21st century, there shouldn't be any delays for whatever reason.

Rather than have delays why not extend the bloody average processing times. If it takes 20 days put 20 days, rather than an average of 9 days which is based purely on some fabricated time period.

I think most people wouldn't mind them taking time if they knew before they take such time. If I knew they would take so long, I'd have applied earlier, not applied at all or applied with plans to travel made later in the year.

poppyweise

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Saskatchewan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cindyqiao said:
submitted my application inside Canada :'(
It all depends if you have submitted all the necessary documents to the CIC and such. Mine was done in less than 10 days, and they updated like a couple times with nothing new in the system.

I understand how frustrating it can be. It's just a holiday, no thought of overstaying at all. But the nationality of the person applying also plays a part.

Good luck to all of you! :)

* P.S.: Are you from china, Cindy?

indianabones

Feb 7, 2014
poppyweise said:
It all depends if you have submitted all the necessary documents to the CIC and such. Mine was done in less than 10 days, and they updated like a couple times with nothing new in the system.

I understand how frustrating it can be. It's just a holiday, no thought of overstaying at all. But the nationality of the person applying also plays a part.
You see I don't any of us would have a problem with them taking a lot of time, they could take 2 months for TRV for all I care. But I would expect one thing, the processing time on their website to reflect this. There is no point in saying the average processing time is 7 days, I would prefer them to say the maximum processing time is 20 days for example.

People then can at least prepare accordingly. I based my application, I suppose like Cindy and many others across the world on the processing times on their website. When you fall behind even by a few days it has a huge effect. Prices go up, annual leave needs to be rebooked, hotels, shopping and finances are all affected in preparation for the trip. Alternatively if rejected it gives you less time to plan a different holiday. It's ridiculous, the price of the flights are going up and I've no update from them, on top of this it'll be another few days if they approve because they'll request the passport.

MH_UK

Nov 2, 2012
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
02-09-2013
Med's Request
09/05/2014
Med's Done....
21/05/2014
LANDED..........
Not yet
indianabones said:
I'm started to get ****ed off with this whole process. It's a holiday shouldn't be so God damn long and painful to be in a position to go holiday.

The CIC processing time is 10 days for London, the High Commission has given a timeframe of 7 work days. It's now the 9th day and they don't even have the courtesy to apologise or give us an estimate of how much longer it takes. I paid over £100 and a ****load more in fuel to get all this sorted out and I'm not pleased with the service.

Tbh I'm not too fussed if they reject us, I'll just book a cruise or go somewhere locally, not my ideal holiday. But the way these guys are going about things, I feel like sticking my middle finger up to Canada.

I've sent an email through the webform, will see what they say.
Same here mate! My application reached their office on Feb 11th and biometrics on Feb 13th! Haven't yet received any response and extremely frustrated as my travel plans are being messed up! Extremely annoyed

indianabones

Feb 7, 2014
MH_UK said:
Same here mate! My application reached their office on Feb 11th and biometrics on Feb 13th! Haven't yet received any response and extremely frustrated as my travel plans are being messed up! Extremely annoyed
Have you sent an email to them using the webform? I sent one last week and got a response after 2 days for another issue. Sent one yesterday no response as of yet.

indianabones

Feb 7, 2014
I've just posted a letter to them anonymously and said in more detail, that their time scales on their website are fabricated horse manure and that it would be much better and safer for them and applicants (paying customers) if they gave a maximum process time. I doubt they'll respond to my anonymous email address, but if they have any courtesy they'll fix the timescales up.

MH_UK

Nov 2, 2012
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
02-09-2013
Med's Request
09/05/2014
Med's Done....
21/05/2014
LANDED..........
Not yet
indianabones said:
I've just posted a letter to them anonymously and said in more detail, that their time scales on their website are fabricated horse manure and that it would be much better and safer for them and applicants (paying customers) if they gave a maximum process time. I doubt they'll respond to my anonymous email address, but if they have any courtesy they'll fix the timescales up.
I sent a request using their webform as it has been over 16 days(10 working days) since they have received the completed application. Canadian civil servants are worse then those from 3rd world countries! Even their immigration processing is the same! No doubt people hate them so much :mad: