+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

E-copr Wait times more than 60 Days

trih

Sep 20, 2021
Got my COPR after 90 days exactly
So yesterday. Sorry for the late update but I got the MP to contact again, and they said “if you’re out of status we can’t land you through the portal” and then I got my eCOPR in 2 hours. Whatever they say is complete bullshit. You gotta build pressure and not let them forget about your application. Hope y’all get it all soon too.
god bless
Can you please tell how did you reach to the MP (email/phone)? And what is the meaning of out of status?

Reactions: Cordell05

Dchawla

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi guys, I applied for Permanent resident and didn’t apply for a work permit with it, so ran out of status.
I emailed the MP, she replied after 7-8 days stating there is an ongoing review because I ran out of status, (from my understanding I thought applying for PR gives me implies status). So whatever that was, I was very pissed as IRCC had not given a straight answer or a reply. I emailed the MP again going off about how we are being considered third class residents,
And all they cared about was winning the elections and they don’t actually care about people who have been stranded and waiting for their COPRs for months.
which made her ask IRCC for clarification,
And then she replied stating “they don’t land people that are out of status through the portal”
That made me a little anxious. Thinking it could take another month or 2 for them to come up with a solution for a case like mine.
but I got eCOPR after 4 hours.
so idk what to believe and what not.

Reactions: trih

trih

Sep 20, 2021
Hi guys, I applied for Permanent resident and didn’t apply for a work permit with it, so ran out of status.
I emailed the MP, she replied after 7-8 days stating there is an ongoing review because I ran out of status, (from my understanding I thought applying for PR gives me implies status). So whatever that was, I was very pissed as IRCC had not given a straight answer or a reply. I emailed the MP again going off about how we are being considered third class residents,
And all they cared about was winning the elections and they don’t actually care about people who have been stranded and waiting for their COPRs for months.
which made her ask IRCC for clarification,
And then she replied stating “they don’t land people that are out of status through the portal”
That made me a little anxious. Thinking it could take another month or 2 for them to come up with a solution for a case like mine.
but I got eCOPR after 4 hours.
so idk what to believe and what not.
Ok thank you. The MP of my area is on a honorable position hence its more difficult to get in touch. Can we ask for help from MP of any other area?

dimitri12

Sep 8, 2021
How long does it take for the PR card to be approved and mailed ? I added the application to GCKey
What happens next ?
I received a notification in GCKey that the card is approved and mailed after 5 days of my eCOPR issue date.
Still waiting for the card but hopefully I can receive it next week!

lllsouzap

Star Member
Dec 3, 2020
I received a notification in GCKey that the card is approved and mailed after 5 days of my eCOPR issue date.
Still waiting for the card but hopefully I can receive it next week!
Hey, do you know if when you receive portal email anything changes in your account/status? or just after COPR? thanks

dimitri12

Sep 8, 2021
Hey, do you know if when you receive portal email anything changes in your account/status? or just after COPR? thanks
Sorry not sure which one you are talking... GCKey or portal?
For GCKey, my PR profile updated to "approved" a day after I got my eCOPR.
For portal, it still shows address and photo are under review. No change after eCOPR.

Reactions: lllsouzap

gopalk

Jun 18, 2021
Ok thank you. The MP of my area is on a honorable position hence its more difficult to get in touch. Can we ask for help from MP of any other area?
usually its the team who will respond.. so dont need to worry about it..

KURKURE

Oct 1, 2021
Thanks for the Forum
Confirmation portal email- Aug 4
Replay email - Aug 6
Login credentials - Aug 7 (replay same day)
ECOPR- waiting ( 55 days +)
PR card - waiting
Emails 3 times webform customer support call 3 times.
It's feels so bad when we are approved but no official proof to travel to say I m PR.
I waited for over 13 months I got portal email where as Express entry take 6 months and now again waiting.
I know every one frustrated but there is no way to contact them get reply back.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: gopalk

Annej

Jul 21, 2021
51 days checking in.
DM- July 21
Portal invite- Aug 4
Portal credentials & submit everything- Aug 12

no eCOPR yet

many emails, many webforms, contacted MP, ordered GCMS

GCMS says “VLU Referral/ passport is expired/ no valid passport photo (to confirm citizenship)” which is total BS because my passport expires in 2025 and I submitted a scan with my initial application.

Resubmitted passport scan- Sept 21

*crickets*

so, could I leave the country while waiting for eCOPR? I signed the declaration that I’m currently in Canada, does that mean I need to stay until eCOPR? Might as well go home and visit family while I wait…

KURKURE

Oct 1, 2021
I have one question here.
I m in Canada on open permit (bcz of PR application waiting)
Have multiple entry visitor visa stamp on passport.waiting for ECOPR.

Can I re enter here on basis of workpermit and multiple entry visitor visa..?
I know I can definitely go to but not sure can I re enter.

trih

Sep 20, 2021
51 days checking in.
DM- July 21
Portal invite- Aug 4
Portal credentials & submit everything- Aug 12

no eCOPR yet

many emails, many webforms, contacted MP, ordered GCMS

GCMS says “VLU Referral/ passport is expired/ no valid passport photo (to confirm citizenship)” which is total BS because my passport expires in 2025 and I submitted a scan with my initial application.

Resubmitted passport scan- Sept 21

*crickets*

so, could I leave the country while waiting for eCOPR? I signed the declaration that I’m currently in Canada, does that mean I need to stay until eCOPR? Might as well go home and visit family while I wait…
I have the same condition and need to go home urgently. As far as I know, you can definitely travel on your TRV with your current work permit but if you are outside and you get your Ecopr, your Work permit will be null and void and PRTD will be required to enter agian.