+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

E-certificate possible if oath letter didn't state it as an option?

armenj

Sep 15, 2017
Hi guys,

We received the oath letter (online application, virtual ceremony on a Saturday). the letter didn't talk or say anything about an e-certificate, is it possible to ask for that? application date is July 2022. Many thanks

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Hi guys,

We received the oath letter (online application, virtual ceremony on a Saturday). the letter didn't talk or say anything about an e-certificate, is it possible to ask for that? application date is July 2022. Many thanks
Your only option is a paper certificate if you haven't been asked to participate in the e-certificate pilot

Ceekayy30

May 18, 2023
I had my oath recently on the 11th May, application was submitted Dec 2021 but I had to reschedule first oath due to being out of country. So e-cert was not a thing when I applied.

During the ID verification on zoom, I asked if I could get an e-cert instead and they agreed. I was able to download it by the following Monday.

canadian787

Oct 2, 2022
I had my oath recently on the 11th May, application was submitted Dec 2021 but I had to reschedule first oath due to being out of country. So e-cert was not a thing when I applied.

During the ID verification on zoom, I asked if I could get an e-cert instead and they agreed. I was able to download it by the following Monday.
What was your Visa Office that scheduled your oath?

senhari2005

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Was it in person or virtual? how did you do it if you don't mind me asking?

Many thanks
It was virtual and I sent an email week ago to the ceremony and they confirmed it via email .

didn't give any reason but was asking if I can opt-in for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: doseoffaith

akhileshtekchand

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-O
AOR Received.
20-02-2020
Med's Done....
03-02-2020
Hi guys,

No

armenj

Sep 15, 2017
I didn’t give a reason, I just told them I’d prefer the e-cert over waiting for the paper one
that is great but which email address did you send it to? not the one on the letter right? through the contact us web form?

Thanks

sumadur

Dec 31, 2022
to the email add which sends you Oath invite.
Ive received the following auto responce from them
Code:
THIS IS AN AUTOMATIC REPLY. PLEASE READ ENTIRE EMAIL FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS.

You have reached the IRCC.DNMBSKCITCEREMONIES-CEREMONIESCITMBSKRN.IRCC1@cic.gc.ca inbox.

You will NOT receive a response to your enquiry via this email. A decision/response to your request will be added to your file within 3 business days of receipt. At that time, you must contact the Client Support Centre for further information.

If you are submitting documents or additional information to our office, we will not confirm receipt of these documents unless further follow-up is required.

IMPORTANT: Please be sure to identify yourself when in contact with us, include your Name, Application Number and/or Client ID Number (UCI) in your email in order for our office to process your request accordingly. Any emails from the public without these details may experience delays, or their request will not be actioned.
What are the next steps to make sure I receive an e-certificate instead of paper one?

Ceekayy30

May 18, 2023
that is great but which email address did you send it to? not the one on the letter right? through the contact us web form?

Thanks
I did not email, during my oath ceremony ceremony after we had to cut up our PR card I asked the person attending to me.