+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

E-certificate portal - User not found

n.moustafa

Star Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

Took oath Oct 12th and submitted signed form same day.

i tried to access the portal many times but I keep getting a message saying
  • User information could not be found. Please try again later.
I called IRCC on the 16th and they confirmed receiving the signed form.

Am I receiving this error because it hasn’t been 5 business days yet? If that’s the case shouldn’t it allow me to log in and advise that I still need to wait?

Only thing that comes to mind is I was originally scheduled for oath in August and when I received the instructions to access the portal, I created an account with the invitation code in thinstructions. Perhaps it has expired or is causing the issue somehow?

The October invite and portal instructions did not include a new invitation code.

Anyone been in a similar situation?

Thank you.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello everyone,

Took oath Oct 12th and submitted signed form same day.

i tried to access the portal many times but I keep getting a message saying
  • User information could not be found. Please try again later.
I called IRCC on the 16th and they confirmed receiving the signed form.

Am I receiving this error because it hasn’t been 5 business days yet? If that’s the case shouldn’t it allow me to log in and advise that I still need to wait?

Only thing that comes to mind is I was originally scheduled for oath in August and when I received the instructions to access the portal, I created an account with the invitation code in thinstructions. Perhaps it has expired or is causing the issue somehow?

The October invite and portal instructions did not include a new invitation code.

Anyone been in a similar situation?

Thank you.
Are you getting this error once you login into the portal and click download certificate and provide the details ?

Reactions: n.moustafa

n.moustafa

Star Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Create account with another email id and try downloading the certificate. Account and download certificate are two independent activity so does not matter whose account it is.
Thank you for taking the time to respond. The original invitation code is no longer valid. I am waiting for the office to resend a new one.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I keep getting this error:

Sorry, we couldn’t create an invitation code for you. Invitation code not created: There was a technical issue.

Tried multiple devices and different emails, same issue.
I just tried and it worked. Maybe give a try now.

ish2110

Apr 5, 2019
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Niagra
App. Filed.......
21-12-2018
Nomination.....
31-10-2018
AOR Received.
21-12-2018
Passport Req..
24-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
LANDED..........
19-09-2019
I just tried and it worked. Maybe give a try now.
I am getting same error, did you try with different email to download e certificate? Did it work? I cannot get e certificate from my spouse 's portal account by adding my uci, application number and date of birth.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I am getting same error, did you try with different email to download e certificate? Did it work? I cannot get e certificate from my spouse 's portal account by adding my uci, application number and date of birth.
What is the error you getting?

ish2110

Apr 5, 2019
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Niagra
App. Filed.......
21-12-2018
Nomination.....
31-10-2018
AOR Received.
21-12-2018
Passport Req..
24-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
LANDED..........
19-09-2019
What is the error you getting?
Hey I just tried it with my spouse's portal and it worked. I by mistake entered the paper file number instead of application number. So basically any portal account can be used to download the certificate.
Thank you so much for the info and help!

Reactions: forw.jane