+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

e-certificate after oath ceremony

veniCA

Feb 3, 2023
How long does it take to get e-certificate after oath ceremony?
Can I use the e-certificate to apply for urgent processing of Canadian passport at the passport office showing travel proof?

I'm waiting for oath ceremony in the next couple of months...if I'm lucky (AOR Oct 2022, test completed Feb 8).
I have travel planned in mid July.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Can I use the e-certificate to apply for urgent processing of Canadian passport at the passport office showing travel proof?

I'm waiting for oath ceremony in the next couple of months...if I'm lucky (AOR Oct 2022, test completed Feb 8).
2-3 days was what was shared by people who received it as part of pilot. Yes you can apply for urgent passport with travel proof.
Getting LPP complete and Oath is based on your processing office. So keep your fingers crossed as you have 3 months.

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017

this time frame you will be call august or september less than 12 month as per your aor

L0VEL1VER

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Had my virtual oath with the Edmonton office on 2023-SEP-20. As of today on 2023-SEP-25, I have not been able to access my e-certificate. My check-in agent was AP.

drae

Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
Had my virtual oath with the Edmonton office on 2023-SEP-20. As of today on 2023-SEP-25, I have not been able to access my e-certificate. My check-in agent was AP.
Did you get your certificate?

marygbrasil

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
It looks like some people have added their certificate receipt date in this tracker over here: https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/canadian-citizenship-processing-tracker. Maybe that’ll help you get an idea of how long it takes! For in person ceremonies I know that they give the certificate the day of, for virtual ones it shouldn’t take longer than 1-2 weeks as far as I know

AnonyKaty

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
I got the e-mail on how to download the e-certificate. I was trying to create an account but it requests the invite number or code. Do you know where I can find it? My oath ceremony is next week