+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

e-APR; proof of funds: Explanation of source of deposits

RWDJ

Dec 11, 2017
Hello,
We have declared our funds to be 18K CAD. However we have not had these funds for 6 months. They have been deposited over these months by me & my husband, and both our parents. My doubts are :
1. Is it okay to have not had the declared amount for 6 months previously? How late is okay ?
2. For having received money from parents, should we give a notarized proof that this money is a gift, not borrowed and doesnt have to be returned ? If so, do we need to give it at e-APR stage or later only if an explanation is asked ?
Note : we only had 18k CAD in the account within around 10 days of getting our ITA.
Please help!
RWDJ

krishme007

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-09-2017
AOR Received.
23-10-2017
Med's Done....
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
17-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2017
From the way I have understood, you need to prove/show that these are your(or spouse) funds. That's the reason they ask for Bank balance of around 6 months. Any sudden influx of funds apart from your normal transactions like salary related needs to be explained. This is where you would be required to show a gift deed if taking from others.
If your or your spouse has deposited these funds from your other accounts, then you need to prove that as well. You have to provide bank statements of those.
It's better to show all these while providing your LOE.

Reactions: RWDJ

RWDJ

Dec 11, 2017
Tha
From the way I have understood, you need to prove/show that these are your(or spouse) funds. That's the reason they ask for Bank balance of around 6 months. Any sudden influx of funds apart from your normal transactions like salary related needs to be explained. This is where you would be required to show a gift deed if taking from others.
If your or your spouse has deposited these funds from your other accounts, then you need to prove that as well. You have to provide bank statements of those.
Thanks !

RWDJ

Dec 11, 2017
Is
The money was given to us by our parents.Is there any format for this gift deed? I read that there should be
1. A notarized deed from our parents saying its a gift
2. Another one from us saying we accept the gift and its for our use.
Is there anything else??
Thanks !

arcaneking_86

Jan 3, 2018
is it okay if from the last 6 months I have a lower balance for 2 of those months? My monthly balance for two months was a bit lower than the 12300CAD. It was low by 200-300 CAD because I had to take out some amount for personal use. I did put it back and the balance has been around 12500CAD for the last 3 months. Will I face any problems during my application evaluation?

krishme007

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-09-2017
AOR Received.
23-10-2017
Med's Done....
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
17-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2017
is it okay if from the last 6 months I have a lower balance for 2 of those months? My monthly balance for two months was a bit lower than the 12300CAD. It was low by 200-300 CAD because I had to take out some amount for personal use. I did put it back and the balance has been around 12500CAD for the last 3 months. Will I face any problems during my application evaluation?
That's not an issue. You dont need to have 12474$ for every month. As long as you have more than this amount by the last bank statement, you are fine.

RWDJ

Dec 11, 2017
Check in forum, it has been discussed plenty of times. You will get the format. To start with, check this link - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/proof-of-funds-format-of-gift-deed-affidavit-and-loe.487054/
Hello,
Regarding the gift deed:
1. Which amount Stamp paper should I get the gift deed on?
2. Did the gift deed have to be done before getting the ITA? We had the funds before ITA, but we are just going to make the deed for e-APR submission.
Please help!
RWDJ