+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Duration of Vacation

heloise

Jan 19, 2010
Hi, I am heloise a Live-in Caregiver and I am planning to have a 3months vacation in the Philippines I ask my employer and they permitted me. My question is do I have a problem in securing re-entry visa because of the lenght of my vacation? My visa canada will be expire this month of January 2010 and my vacation will be on April 2010. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
heloise said:
Hi, I am heloise a Live-in Caregiver and I am planning to have a 3months vacation in the Philippines I ask my employer and they permitted me. My question is do I have a problem in securing re-entry visa because of the lenght of my vacation? My visa canada will be expire this month of January 2010 and my vacation will be on April 2010. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance
Apply for a TRV. Up to when is your work permit valid? You need to attach a copy of your work permit when you apply for your visa either at Buffalo or Seattle. Then before you leave for the Philippines obtain a letter from your employer indicating their consent for you to take the three months vacation, and that you're coming back to work for them upon your return. Link for TRV application:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/visa_temp.aspx?lang=eng#REQUIREMENTSALL

heloise

Jan 19, 2010
Hi, Thank you for replying. May current work permit will be expire on April 17, 2010 but my employer already filed for an extention of my work and we already recieved the LMO and filed in immgration for the work permit. We are now waiting for it, when it comes I will continue my plan for vacation. Can I file the TRV in the Philippines instead in Buffalo, because it may run out of time when my extention of work permit comes?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
heloise said:
Hi, Thank you for replying. May current work permit will be expire on April 17, 2010 but my employer already filed for an extention of my work and we already recieved the LMO and filed in immgration for the work permit. We are now waiting for it, when it comes I will continue my plan for vacation. Can I file the TRV in the Philippines instead in Buffalo, because it may run out of time when my extention of work permit comes?
Yes you can. I just don't know how long the processing is but since you'll be there three monhts you're probably okay. Just be sure you have your work permit.