+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Duration/length of IEC + insurance requirements for Australian moving to Canada

liam.jackson

Dec 29, 2014
Sorry for the double up administrators - I was not sure where to post this topic.

I cannot find any information regarding the maximum duration of IEC issued. I understand that the issue length will depend on the immigration official at the time, so they can never say that 'an IEC visa is a year long'. But can anyone tell me whether the maximum issue length for an IEC visa is 1 year or 2 years??

Can you provide a link to a Canadian governement website stating such?

Would it be different for Australian citizens and British citizens (my partner is enetering through the UK program).

I also gather that we are required to have insurance upon entry, for our entire stay, covering medical, hospital and repatriation. Again, can anyone provide a link to an official statement of such?

Is there any kind of reciprocal health agreement between Canada and Australia or the UK? Or is the insurance required for ANY foreign national?

Thanks in advance for your help with these matters,

Liam

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

liam.jackson said:
Sorry for the double up administrators - I was not sure where to post this topic.

I cannot find any information regarding the maximum duration of IEC issued. I understand that the issue length will depend on the immigration official at the time, so they can never say that 'an IEC visa is a year long'. But can anyone tell me whether the maximum issue length for an IEC visa is 1 year or 2 years??

Can you provide a link to a Canadian governement website stating such?

Would it be different for Australian citizens and British citizens (my partner is enetering through the UK program).

I also gather that we are required to have insurance upon entry, for our entire stay, covering medical, hospital and repatriation. Again, can anyone provide a link to an official statement of such?

Is there any kind of reciprocal health agreement between Canada and Australia or the UK? Or is the insurance required for ANY foreign national?

Thanks in advance for your help with these matters,

Liam
1. Australia, 24 months, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/index.asp
2. UK 12 months, can apply for 2nd 12 months, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/index.asp