+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Duel Intent LMIA

BraamCronje

Apr 6, 2015
Good day all, I'm new on the forum.

I have searched for info on duel Intent LMIA but could not find any.

A duel intent LMIA is a LMIA that the employer applies for to enable the employee or applicant to apply simultaneously for a Temp Works permit and for a PR. As far as I know the only way to do this is if the employer completes form esdc-emp5517(2015-02-020)e.pdf and send it to the processing office at Saint John

Is this the only way of doing a duel intent LMIA?

Or can the employer also apply for it by using the following form and send it to the Toronto office as my work location will be in Ontario?
esdc-emp5517(2015-02-020)e.pdf

Why I'm asking is that the employers agent have completed the form above and submitted it to the Toronto office. As far as I have it it should be the duel intent form and should have been sent to Sant John. This week is now week 10 and the employer have had no contact from ESDC not even a file number or case number.

The agent insist that she filled in the "correct" form and submitted it to the "correct" office.

Any advise on this will be highly appriciated.
For interest sake it is so that I can apply as FST under EE

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
BraamCronje said:
Good day all, I'm new on the forum.

I have searched for info on duel Intent LMIA but could not find any.

A duel intent LMIA is a LMIA that the employer applies for to enable the employee or applicant to apply simultaneously for a Temp Works permit and for a PR. As far as I know the only way to do this is if the employer completes form esdc-emp5517(2015-02-020)e.pdf and send it to the processing office at Saint John

Is this the only way of doing a duel intent LMIA?

Or can the employer also apply for it by using the following form and send it to the Toronto office as my work location will be in Ontario?
esdc-emp5517(2015-02-020)e.pdf

Why I'm asking is that the employers agent have completed the form above and submitted it to the Toronto office. As far as I have it it should be the duel intent form and should have been sent to Sant John. This week is now week 10 and the employer have had no contact from ESDC not even a file number or case number.

The agent insist that she filled in the "correct" form and submitted it to the "correct" office.

Any advise on this will be highly appriciated.
For interest sake it is so that I can apply as FST under EE
Hi I was wondering how you were getting on? did you resolve the issue?

As far as I can see from all the forms Dual intent has to be sent to Saint Johns