+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Due to lockdown, unable to get the reference letter from colleague notarized

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
Hi guys,

Due to COVI-19, there has been a lot of disruption of service in my country & state( India, Chennai). I was able to get the signed employment reference letter from my colleague but unable to get it notarized due to lockdown & restrictions placed by the government of India to roam outside. Can anybody else provide me with a possible suggestions on how to get the letter notarized? Do we have online services for notary? Please help

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

Due to COVI-19, there has been a lot of disruption of service in my country & state( India, Chennai). I was able to get the signed employment reference letter from my colleague but unable to get it notarized due to lockdown & restrictions placed by the government of India to roam outside. Can anybody else provide me with a possible suggestions on how to get the letter notarized? Do we have online services for notary? Please help
You don’t have to get it done now. Simply submit your application with a LOE, and IRCC will give you time to submit missing documents later.

Koushal Patel

Jan 11, 2019
You do not need to notarize the document. CIC does not require notary to authenticate documents. Please go ahead and submit your documents.

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
You don’t have to get it done now. Simply submit your application with a LOE, and IRCC will give you time to submit missing documents later.
Hi. Thanks for the response. I am planning to provide an LOE for the same. Should I write a single letter explaining (1)why I couldn't get a letter from company with roles and responsibilities (2) unable to notarize due to lockdown ? Or should I have two letters? Also should I attach the letter along with supporting documents in the employment sections or just upload separately supporting documents in employment section and upload separately LOE in LOE section? I would like to have your advise.
Thanks

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi. Thanks for the response. I am planning to provide an LOE for the same. Should I write a single letter explaining (1)why I couldn't get a letter from company with roles and responsibilities (2) unable to notarize due to lockdown ? Or should I have two letters? Also should I attach the letter along with supporting documents in the employment sections or just upload separately supporting documents in employment section and upload separately LOE in LOE section? I would like to have your advise.
Thanks
I letter for both is fine.

Vixz879

Nov 22, 2019
Thanks
A letter outlining duties are fine for the NOC which you are claiming points for. Multiple letters are required for different NOCs. I am from Chennai and had the same issue too. I submitted just the letter from colleague along with the snapshot of denial mail from my HR spoc.

Shivaprasad94

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Hello All

Thank you so much everyone for valuable responses and guidance.

I have prepared a draft for outlining my Job roles and responsibilities and my Job profile was Mechanical design engineer.
Do i have to simply write its as NOC-A category job , or is there any specific wording or format or Job code i have to indicate in the letter?

Also my Experience letter indicates my job title as Software engineer - but i used to work as a Mechanical design engineer- Will it be a problem?

Please help to clear my confusion and how to proceed.