+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DUBLIN IRELAND OR QUEBEC WHICH IS BETTER??? PLEASE ADVICE

nwanyioma

Feb 22, 2012
Hi everyone. Hope you are are doing good. Please i am in a very confused state right now and will appreciate your advice/ honesty in what am about to say. My family and i relocated to dublin about 2yrs ago after waiting endlessly for CIC to make a decision on my federal skilled worker resident permit apllication. As soon as we got to ireland we got a response from them that we should send additional documents [update] ,bank statement etc, already stressed out with the relocation from a different continent, we got fed up and decided to withdraw the application . Ireland is a beautiful place with very friendly people, our only problem here is the tax system which is pay as you earn [ PAYE] One can hardly work over time because it is a waste of time cos half of it goes to revenue tax. So it is difficult to save. Bills keep flying from left right center non stop. House rent and food very expensive. Sick leave unpaid, including maternity leave unless you work with public sector and some private. My husband is on stamp 3 ,no job. He is medical lab technologist and i am a nurse/midwife. We really did not see this coming. We have 2 kids below 3 yrs of age,infact the whole situation is crazy. I recently went for an interview in public sector [HSE] and passed, till awaiting posting to the area of duty, so i have not yet resigned from the private hospital. But the whole situtaion got me thinking if we made the right deciion by coming here. Most people that i know here are moving to uk and australia because of the same problem .
That is why i have come here to seek advice from people living in quebec/montreal....please how is life generally there compared to what i have listed above about ireland, which is better? How do you cope if you do not know french? Can i get a job as a nurse?how long is the process? are there survival jobs there? what is the pay like? are there english schools for children or is everything french?We are really considering applying for QSW before the deadline march 31,2014. I am sorry for asking too many questions, i could go on all day, please kindly leave your advice ,God bless you . :-\ :-\

coshx

May 8, 2013
nwanyioma said:
Hi everyone. Hope you are are doing good. Please i am in a very confused state right now and will appreciate your advice/ honesty in what am about to say. My family and i relocated to dublin about 2yrs ago after waiting endlessly for CIC to make a decision on my federal skilled worker resident permit apllication. As soon as we got to ireland we got a response from them that we should send additional documents [update] ,bank statement etc, already stressed out with the relocation from a different continent, we got fed up and decided to withdraw the application . Ireland is a beautiful place with very friendly people, our only problem here is the tax system which is pay as you earn [ PAYE] One can hardly work over time because it is a waste of time cos half of it goes to revenue tax. So it is difficult to save. Bills keep flying from left right center non stop. House rent and food very expensive. Sick leave unpaid, including maternity leave unless you work with public sector and some private. My husband is on stamp 3 ,no job. He is medical lab technologist and i am a nurse/midwife. We really did not see this coming. We have 2 kids below 3 yrs of age,infact the whole situation is crazy. I recently went for an interview in public sector [HSE] and passed, till awaiting posting to the area of duty, so i have not yet resigned from the private hospital. But the whole situtaion got me thinking if we made the right deciion by coming here. Most people that i know here are moving to uk and australia because of the same problem .
That is why i have come here to seek advice from people living in quebec/montreal....please how is life generally there compared to what i have listed above about ireland, which is better? How do you cope if you do not know french? Can i get a job as a nurse?how long is the process? are there survival jobs there? what is the pay like? are there english schools for children or is everything french?We are really considering applying for QSW before the deadline march 31,2014. I am sorry for asking too many questions, i could go on all day, please kindly leave your advice ,God bless you . :-\ :-\
Well nne, it is possible to get a job in Quebec or Canada in general as a nurse. However, you have to check if your nursing certificate/degree in Ireland will be acceptable in Quebec or wherever you go in Canada. I believe you can visit the association website and do more investigation yourself. You can call them and ask for more details. Meanwhile, for you to immigrate to Quebec, you must speak french fluently. They have french language requirements which you must meet. Considering the fact that Ireland is an english speaking country, how do you address the situation?

I will advise you to try put in your application for the QSW. There's no harm in trying. Also, don't quit your job o. God bless you too!

coshx!

nwanyioma

Feb 22, 2012
coshx said:
Well nne, it is possible to get a job in Quebec or Canada in general as a nurse. However, you have to check if your nursing certificate/degree in Ireland will be acceptable in Quebec or wherever you go in Canada. I believe you can visit the association website and do more investigation yourself. You can call them and ask for more details. Meanwhile, for you to immigrate to Quebec, you must speak french fluently. They have french language requirements which you must meet. Considering the fact that Ireland is an english speaking country, how do you address the situation?

I will advise you to try put in your application for the QSW. There's no harm in trying. Also, don't quit your job o. God bless you too!

coshx!
My dear thank a million for a prompt reply, God bless you. Regarding the registration as a nurse in quebec, I did a little research and found out that the order /board of nursing would assess my credential,once it meets their requirement, i would be given a temporary lisence to practice but must complete the french assessment in 3years. Also i did an online assessment to see if i will qualify for the QSW and i passed even as i indicated that i do not have a knowledge of french. I also read in some forums that one must not be fluent in french to qualify for the QSW as long as you have over 67 points in other criteria, so the whole thing is still confusing, but i will keep researching on it ,just that time is flying. Thanks once again

Rocks

May 23, 2013
Hello,

Foreign nursing credentials in Canada are not recognized. You have to do some sort of additional training/education. To what extent,you have to check with Provincial nursing association. For Quebec, French is a must. It is very difficult to get a job without knowing French. In other provinces, French is not required but again you have to have your credentials verified. It is true that there is a shortage of medical stuff in every province. There is a large Irish population in Montreal.
Please note it is not my intention to scare you or anything, just trying to give you some insight.
Don't do little search do lots of search.
Hope this helps

nwanyioma

Feb 22, 2012
Rocks said:
Hello,

Foreign nursing credentials in Canada are not recognized. You have to do some sort of additional training/education. To what extent,you have to check with Provincial nursing association. For Quebec, French is a must. It is very difficult to get a job without knowing French. In other provinces, French is not required but again you have to have your credentials verified. It is true that there is a shortage of medical stuff in every province. There is a large Irish population in Montreal.
Please note it is not my intention to scare you or anything, just trying to give you some insight.
Don't do little search do lots of search.
Hope this helps
hi,thanks for your reply. I am not disputing weither or not french is a must, i just want to know if there were cases where nurses who had no knowledge of french were approved for the QSW and were given a timeframe to learn french when the arrived canada. If that is the case, then i am very willing to learn french when i get there. Moreover dear, you can not scare me, thanks though.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Weather wise Europe is better.

nwanyioma

Feb 22, 2012
Hello everyone. please where do i send my initial QSW application to? montreal canada or visa office covering ireland [outside canada] ? kindly reply please. thanks