+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dubai unpaid debt

fofa2020

Jan 8, 2020
Hi

I have a question regarding unpaid debt in dubai.
I left dubai 7 months ago with an unpaid personal loan. My intention is to pay all the debt after few months because I do not have a secure job right now.
I just received my dubai PCC with no criminal record or anything mentioned about unpaid loan.
I got ITA and I am planning to apply for PR now. My question is that will this have any impact on my pr application as they are going to do the background and security check of all the countries I lived in. Maybe by that time dubai bank will file a police case against me.

Please advice

Thank you
Hi my friend please give us updates because we have same issue

dadofethan

Oct 6, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Done....
06-01-2021
Stating that you have an unpaid debt equal to the amount of settlement funds you need to apply for PR makes your case closed before it starts.
I can't advice you on what you need to do. But you're supposed to declare any loans or debts (in your bank letter) because they can find out and ask you about it.
Fyi, having a brother in Canada doesn't exempt you from proving that you have the exact POF required.
In summary, do what you think is best but ensure you know the risks associated with whatever decisions you take.
Hi you seem well-versed so I would like your opinion please.

How does IRCC calculate PoF vs outstanding debt specifically a house loan? I have funds above the minimum required. I am also currently employed which covers my monthly amortization for the house. Will they hold the entire remaining house loan amount against my funds? Please explain formula if you know it.

Also how does IRCC find out about debt if you don't declare it (Both loan and credit card debt) ? In my country credit card debt is not a criminal offense so criminality clearance is not an issue.
I heard of people getting rejected due to not declaring it to IRCC. Example: I know someone who had unpaid credit card debt but was still able to immigrate last 2015. But I also know another person who also had outstanding credit card debt and didn't declare it in his IRCC application and got rejected by IRCC last 2019

mindhunter

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
but if you don't declare, how will IRCC find out?

For instance, I have a debt of $370 on my credit card which is meagre.
If I don't declare this, how will they find out that A. I have a credit card B. There is some debt on it

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
but if you don't declare, how will IRCC find out?

For instance, I have a debt of $370 on my credit card which is meagre.
If I don't declare this, how will they find out that A. I have a credit card B. There is some debt on it
A small debt like that will make no difference assuming you have more than enough to show PoF.

They can find out by looking at your bank statements - presumably you make credit card payments from your bank account, right?

Having debt is not a big deal if your general financial situation is alright. All IRCC wants to know that you actually have the PoF and can spend it freely in Canada.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi you seem well-versed so I would like your opinion please.

How does IRCC calculate PoF vs outstanding debt specifically a house loan? I have funds above the minimum required. I am also currently employed which covers my monthly amortization for the house. Will they hold the entire remaining house loan amount against my funds? Please explain formula if you know it.

Also how does IRCC find out about debt if you don't declare it (Both loan and credit card debt) ? In my country credit card debt is not a criminal offense so criminality clearance is not an issue.
I heard of people getting rejected due to not declaring it to IRCC. Example: I know someone who had unpaid credit card debt but was still able to immigrate last 2015. But I also know another person who also had outstanding credit card debt and didn't declare it in his IRCC application and got rejected by IRCC last 2019
Hi. I don't know if there's any formula, however just state it as clearly as possible that your POF is independent of the monthly mortgage you're paying. Again in my opinion, credit card debt should be declared and shown to be separate from the POF. Meaning that you can easily pay off the debt without it affecting your POF. That's the worry CIC has with debts/loans. Hope this helps

premktm123

Dec 7, 2015
Hi

I have a question regarding unpaid debt in dubai.
I left dubai 7 months ago with an unpaid personal loan. My intention is to pay all the debt after few months because I do not have a secure job right now.
I just received my dubai PCC with no criminal record or anything mentioned about unpaid loan.
I got ITA and I am planning to apply for PR now. My question is that will this have any impact on my pr application as they are going to do the background and security check of all the countries I lived in. Maybe by that time dubai bank will file a police case against me.

Please advice

Thank you
Hi what is your update ??