+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dubai Police Clearance Certificate (Visit Visa)

jj_1990

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Hi All,

I have been staying in UAE since Jan 2018 on multiple Visit Visas. I changed to a new visit visa once every three months by travelling to Oman and returning on the same day itself. So in effect, I have been staying in UAE continuously for almost a year now, and is therefore required to submit UAE Police Clearance Certificate along with my PR application. However, when I tried to apply online, I found that only residence visa holders would be given a PCC here, and since I am on visit, I am ineligible to apply for one. I also went to the police station in person, but they gave the same reply and refused to give me even a letter stating this.

So I am now confused as to what I can do in this situation. I am thinking of uploading a letter of explanation stating this, and attaching copies of my visit visas. Would that be good enough? If anyone has been in a similar situation, I would really appreciate any guidance here.

Thanks in Advance!

Fahadkazmi

May 28, 2018
Hi All,

I have been staying in UAE since Jan 2018 on multiple Visit Visas. I changed to a new visit visa once every three months by travelling to Oman and returning on the same day itself. So in effect, I have been staying in UAE continuously for almost a year now, and is therefore required to submit UAE Police Clearance Certificate along with my PR application. However, when I tried to apply online, I found that only residence visa holders would be given a PCC here, and since I am on visit, I am ineligible to apply for one. I also went to the police station in person, but they gave the same reply and refused to give me even a letter stating this.

So I am now confused as to what I can do in this situation. I am thinking of uploading a letter of explanation stating this, and attaching copies of my visit visas. Would that be good enough? If anyone has been in a similar situation, I would really appreciate any guidance here.

Thanks in Advance!
Yes that would be fine, since the PCC is only issued to those who have legal residence status.
Upload visit visa copies and explain in LOE. You can not do anything else if you they are not issuing it to you

Reactions: jj_1990

jj_1990

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Yes that would be fine, since the PCC is only issued to those who have legal residence status.
Upload visit visa copies and explain in LOE. You can not do anything else if you they are not issuing it to you
Thank you so much for the reply :)

I will go ahead with the LOE then. Hopefully, it should suffice.

catalyst441

Sep 5, 2018
Hi All,

Thanks in Advance!
Have a look at this thread, it might be helpful

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/dubai-pcc-on-visit-visa.518189/

Reactions: jj_1990

kimmyG_23

Oct 2, 2019
Hi All,

Thanks in Advance!
same case, I'd like to ask what happened to your application?

jj_1990

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
same case, I'd like to ask what happened to your application?
I submitted the Letter of Explanation as stated above along with screenshot of an e-mail that I received from Dubai police saying pcc won't be issued to visit visa holders. My application was approved and I got my PR four months back :)

Good luck!

kimmyG_23

Oct 2, 2019
I submitted the Letter of Explanation as stated above along with screenshot of an e-mail that I received from Dubai police saying pcc won't be issued to visit visa holders. My application was approved and I got my PR four months back :)

Good luck!
Congratulations
I already email the dubai police and the only reply I got is they forwarded my request to certificate section..

jj_1990

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Congratulations
I already email the dubai police and the only reply I got is they forwarded my request to certificate section..
Yes I got that too. After waiting for a few days, I directly sent a mail to the certificate section, and they got back to me telling it can't be issued.