+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dual intent

ValGonzal

Star Member
May 29, 2021
Are you applying for PR under PNP?
Scylla there are mutiple programs, if there is an opportunity through a provincial program lets say some pilot prorgram and SP application for another province is active as well, then how does the situation look like

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Scylla there are mutiple programs, if there is an opportunity through a provincial program lets say some pilot prorgram and SP application for another province is active as well, then how does the situation look like
I know there are multiple programs.

Short answer is that going with different provinces does not look good.

PNP requires you to show an intent to reside in that province. If you are applying for PR through a PNP program, then my recommendation is that you also study in that same province. If you apply for PNP under one province but apply for a study permit under a different province, that could potentially cause IRCC to question whether you really intend to reside in the PNP province and create complexities for your PR application.

ValGonzal

Star Member
May 29, 2021
I know there are multiple programs.

Short answer is that going with different provinces does not look good.

PNP requires you to show an intent to reside in that province. If you are applying for PR through a PNP program, then my recommendation is that you also study in that same province. If you apply for PNP under one province but apply for a study permit under a different province, that could potentially cause IRCC to question whether you really intend to reside in the PNP province and create complexities for your PR application.
could there be a mentioning that
if pr gets approved, then SP will be withdrawn or if pr gets refused, sp will be followed strictly untill the timeline authorized. Does it make sense?

The section 22(2), dual intent, does not mention any restriction on the provinces.

So does it mean that if someone has a PR, then study permit should be from the same province?The purpose of study is to stdy, get qualified and return. But if there is a PR, then why not take the option.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
could there be a mentioning that
if pr gets approved, then SP will be withdrawn or if pr gets refused, sp will be followed strictly untill the timeline authorized. Does it make sense?

The section 22(2), dual intent, does not mention any restriction on the provinces.

So does it mean that if someone has a PR, then study permit should be from the same province?The purpose of study is to stdy, get qualified and return. But if there is a PR, then why not take the option.
Dual intent and intent to reside are two completely different things. The dual intent rules obviously won't cover intent to reside.

PNP requires you to demonstrate intent to reside. If you have a study permit that shows you plan to go to a different province, that may create issues for your PR application by creating doubt that you actually plan to live there.

That's all I can contribute to this conversation. You should not be worrying about dual intent. You should be worrying about intent to reside and how you will demonstrate intent to reside in a PNP application if you are going to a different province under a study permit.

Anyway, I have no further information to provide. That's the extend of my advice. You can take it or leave it.

Reactions: ValGonzal

ValGonzal

Star Member
May 29, 2021
Dual intent and intent to reside are two completely different things. The dual intent rules obviously won't cover intent to reside.

PNP requires you to demonstrate intent to reside. If you have a study permit that shows you plan to go to a different province, that may create issues for your PR application by creating doubt that you actually plan to live there.

That's all I can contribute to this conversation. You should not be worrying about dual intent. You should be worrying about intent to reside and how you will demonstrate intent to reside in a PNP application if you are going to a different province under a study permit.

Anyway, I have no further information to provide. That's the extend of my advice. You can take it or leave it.
ok thank you,
we just thought we could study in one province because of college credential value... and intent to reside in another.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ok thank you,
we just thought we could study in one province because of college credential value... and intent to reside in another.
You can do whatever you want to.

I'm just letting you know how IRCC may view this and what challenges this could potentially create for your PR application.