+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Dual Intent": why are so many afraid to come as visitor with PR in process?

phoebe.tran

Jun 3, 2011
Could anyone please give me some of your thoughts on my case? Wondering if Dual Intent works for me.

- I'm holding Vietnamese passport, need a visa to go to Canada.
- I studied and worked in Canada for the last 3 years. I left Canada in April. Now Im staying in Singapore with my parents as a visitor.
- My husband is Canadian. He submitted the PR application for me in April.

Now I want to apply for a TRV (multiple entries) to visit my husband while waiting for my PR result (which may take up to 20 months as listed in CIC website). I don't need to work as my in-laws and my husband can support me. I just want to stay in Canada with my husband as long as the visa allows me to as I seriously think family members should stay together as much as possible. A long distance relationship is not good at all. My problems are:

- I don't have strong ties to my home country Vietnam as I left from 2008 for Canada
- My mother in law can be my sponsor for me to apply TRV from Singapore
- My PR application is under processing

Do you think the Dual Intent can work for me? I want to stay with my husband badly. :(

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Bangkokcanuck just reported a similar situation. His wife is Thai, and he has applied for her PR visa. They applied for a TRV for her, and it was refused, even though she had received two TRVs before she applied for a PR visa, and they had lots of evidence of her ties to Thailand.
So with few ties to Vietnam, and a husband in Canada, you will probably not be able to get a TRV now.