+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dual intent: Want spouse to visit Canada after submitting her Spousal sponsorship

as10

Jan 9, 2018
I want to hear about experiences from the forum experts and other people who have brought their spouses on a tourist visa and at the same having already applied for a spousal PR sponsorship.

How successful is this dual intent process?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I want to hear about experiences from the forum experts and other people who have brought their spouses on a tourist visa and at the same having already applied for a spousal PR sponsorship.

How successful is this dual intent process?
Does your spouse already have a TRV?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
While your spouse can apply, there is little chance of approval. With a Canadian citizen/PR spouse in Canada and a sponsorship app in process, ties to Canada are usually considered too strong.

Manpreet_myraman

May 24, 2018
I got married to Canadaian citizen in march . Applied TRV may 26 , got approved on june 13th. It depends on where u live what job u have and how you present your file. I was lucky enough coz I remembered when I submitted my file I accidentally didn’t uploaded the cover letter or any additional documents but i still got approved.

as10

Jan 9, 2018
I got married to Canadaian citizen in march . Applied TRV may 26 , got approved on june 13th. It depends on where u live what job u have and how you present your file. I was lucky enough coz I remembered when I submitted my file I accidentally didn’t uploaded the cover letter or any additional documents but i still got approved.
Did you already apply for family sponsorship before you applied for TRV ?