+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dual intent or not? Study Permit application while waiting in the EE pool for FSW draw

ConstanceM

Mar 1, 2021
Hi there,

I have a question about whether I need to mention my dual intent when applying study permit.
My situation:
I'm the dependent applicant for EE application. (My spouse is the principal applicant)
We're waiting in the pool since Jan 2021 (IRCC temporarily stopped drawing all-program FSW)

1st Question:
If I apply my study permit only, do I need to mention my dual intent?
2nd Question:
If I apply my study permit and my spouse's open work permit at the same time, do I need to mention our dual intent?

Thank you in advance!

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
Dual intent is not illegal; just make sure your study permit application is strong enough to convince VO that you will return.

Lmahida

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
Hi there,

I have a question about whether I need to mention my dual intent when applying study permit.
My situation:
I'm the dependent applicant for EE application. (My spouse is the principal applicant)
We're waiting in the pool since Jan 2021 (IRCC temporarily stopped drawing all-program FSW)

1st Question:
If I apply my study permit only, do I need to mention my dual intent?
2nd Question:
If I apply my study permit and my spouse's open work permit at the same time, do I need to mention our dual intent?

Thank you in advance!
Yes you can apply with dual intent. I did the and got approval but I had never applied for PR.