+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dual Intent - Medical question

gordiewow

Star Member
Jul 22, 2018
Hi everyone,

I'm currently waiting for PR status for my wife and will be applying for a TRV application to hopefully cut down on the waiting time. The TRV application requires an "upfront medical". My wife has already passed a medical for the PR application, but the results were not given to us rather sent directly on to CIC (I assume) and the status was updated to indicated that she passed.

I am wondering how I can indicate that she has already passed a medical within the past few months to save us from having to repeat this process for the TRV?

Thanks.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If you had a confirmation sheet or something, you could try but the application may be refused.

Also, with a pending PR application - unless there are overwhelming ties to the home country, expect a TRV application to be refused. They are not intended to be used to "wait out" a PR.

Unfortunately, while 'dual intent' can be used at points of entry, it's an excellent way to be denied a TRV. Especially if your intent is to wait out the TRV.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone,

I'm currently waiting for PR status for my wife and will be applying for a TRV application to hopefully cut down on the waiting time. The TRV application requires an "upfront medical". My wife has already passed a medical for the PR application, but the results were not given to us rather sent directly on to CIC (I assume) and the status was updated to indicated that she passed.

I am wondering how I can indicate that she has already passed a medical within the past few months to save us from having to repeat this process for the TRV?

Thanks.
You submit the same receipt.

As said above, with a sponsorship app in process, expect a refusal.