skepar

Star Member
Apr 8, 2013
Macedonia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello friends,

I have one doubt regarding my situation. Recently I received a LMIA from my future employer and have applied for Work Permit for me and my spouse. We received our WP and will be traveling to Canada next week. My question is, the LMIA is valid until July can I use it to apply for Express Entry once I arrive in Canada (I have all the documents ready)?

Thanks,

gysally

Mar 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2015
AOR Received.
27-06-2015
Windmill said:
Paper work is in St Johns since March 17, no news so far.
Congrats!! It was a fast process. I hope I can get a luck like you!

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
skepar said:
Hello friends,

I have one doubt regarding my situation. Recently I received a LMIA from my future employer and have applied for Work Permit for me and my spouse. We received our WP and will be traveling to Canada next week. My question is, the LMIA is valid until July can I use it to apply for Express Entry once I arrive in Canada (I have all the documents ready)?

Thanks,

Yes, you can. Even if expired the important thing is that your work permit is based on a LMIA.

skepar

Star Member
Apr 8, 2013
Macedonia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ButterflyChemist said:
Yes, you can. Even if expired the important thing is that your work permit is based on a LMIA.
Thank you my friend I'll give it my shoot once I arrive in Canada next week

LCDub

May 4, 2015
Hi Windmill is your LMIA for NOC 7321? and are you in Ontario or Alberta? Any idea how your employer got it so quick?! Is it a main dealer? (Sorry for lots of questions! Hope you don't mind me asking, just haven't found any others applying with same NOC as us!!) We're in Calgary employer has been saying LMIA is in process for months now (NOC 7321) really would rather be living in Toronto/GTA area, so wondering if might be worth trying to get LMIA there as it's taking forever here and work permit expires in August! Any advice?! Thanks in advance :)

Aneam

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
LCDub said:
Hi Windmill is your LMIA for NOC 7321? and are you in Ontario or Alberta? Any idea how your employer got it so quick?! Is it a main dealer? (Sorry for lots of questions! Hope you don't mind me asking, just haven't found any others applying with same NOC as us!!) We're in Calgary employer has been saying LMIA is in process for months now (NOC 7321) really would rather be living in Toronto/GTA area, so wondering if might be worth trying to get LMIA there as it's taking forever here and work permit expires in August! Any advice?! Thanks in advance :)
We too are NOC 7321 for Edmonton Alberta. Ours was submitted Sept 18th 2014 (Pre Express Entry) its a Dual Intent LMIA. We are still waiting. It is for VW. However we are still in the UK and waiting patiently although loosing the will to live slightly!Good Luck with your application.

Windmill

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Hi, the lmia is for noc7321 in Ontario. Maybe it goes faster because it's a dual intent. Anyhow my husband's employer wants to hire more people and is willing to get a lmia for them. Have to be experienced, preferably qualified and willing to work. They repair and maintain trucks of all brands. Located in Hamilton Ontario. If interested inbox me and I'll give you the email address.

Lady M

Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi,Windmill,i sent you a message in private,hope for an answer soon.thanks

LCDub

May 4, 2015
Windmill said:
Hi, the lmia is for noc7321 in Ontario. Maybe it goes faster because it's a dual intent. Anyhow my husband's employer wants to hire more people and is willing to get a lmia for them. Have to be experienced, preferably qualified and willing to work. They repair and maintain trucks of all brands. Located in Hamilton Ontario. If interested inbox me and I'll give you the email address.
Hi Windmill thanks so much for the reply, I inboxed you at lunchtime today but new to this forum and not sure if I did it right!!
If you could send me on the email details that would be great thanks :)

zazen

Jan 27, 2015
Aneam said:
We too are NOC 7321 for Edmonton Alberta. Ours was submitted Sept 18th 2014 (Pre Express Entry) its a Dual Intent LMIA. We are still waiting. It is for VW. However we are still in the UK and waiting patiently although loosing the will to live slightly!Good Luck with your application.
It's really hard being in a limboland. Is your Employer or Lawyer pursuing the matter? Its very important that they do that. It shows that your employer is eager to have you start working.

Aneam

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
zazen said:
It's really hard being in a limboland. Is your Employer or Lawyer pursuing the matter? Its very important that they do that. It shows that your employer is eager to have you start working.
Hi Zazen,

Yes the employer is onto it. Its just so fustrating waiting! They are quite happy to wait though which is good. Even once decision is through it will still take us a couple of months to tie things up here in the UK, I just can't do anything until we know for sure!.

gatorengineer

Star Member
May 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-16
Doc's Request.
11-08-16
AOR Received.
27-06-16
IELTS Request
CELPIP Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-07-16
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
ButterflyChemist said:
Reallly ? I have should have my WP with LMIA soon . Just gave medicals. I have to do IELTS before I can apply for EE. I assumed they needed a valid LMIA for EE too. Can you confirm that an expired LMIA can be used to apply for EE if my WP is based on that LMIA.
My company is willing to re apply for LMIA (Guess they really want me :) ) but I would like to avoid the wait time.

zazen

Jan 27, 2015
Aneam said:
Hi Zazen,

Yes the employer is onto it. Its just so fustrating waiting! They are quite happy to wait though which is good. Even once decision is through it will still take us a couple of months to tie things up here in the UK, I just can't do anything until we know for sure!.
Aneam,

I am in the process of getting my second LMIA/LMO. Both representations where made by lawyers. My first LMO i got it in little more than a month but it was work permit and medicals that took ages, so i know exactly what you are talking about needing couple of months to tie things up. It really has been a mind numbing wait for you, specially given its a dual-intent lmia.

Aneam

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
zazen said:
Aneam,

I am in the process of getting my second LMIA/LMO. Both representations where made by lawyers. My first LMO i got it in little more than a month but it was work permit and medicals that took ages, so i know exactly what you are talking about needing couple of months to tie things up. It really has been a mind numbing wait for you, specially given its a dual-intent lmia.
It has been an extremely long wait and I think if we had known it would take this long we would have submitted an LMIA for EE in January as they seem to be being processed faster. As it was submitted in September the company have been told it shouldn't be much longer now. We are so glad that we will be able to get work permit at POE! Good luck with you application

Apr 23, 2016
Hi I am trying to engage a foreign national for a post in our company and we want to help him secure the PR as well. Someone told me about Dual Intent and I have a lot of doubts on this topic, hopefully some can help me with this.
1. The person is in 0213 category - Senior Management category
2. Person is a foreign national outside Canada, we want to start early if possible so want to apply for the Dual Intent.
3. Query specific to the form
- In Expected Employment Duration - What should I mention - 4 years(which is the max duration for work permit) or tick on Permanent or both. My understand is since I selected dual intent at the top of the form, it should be permanent. But not sure if there is a conflict in saying the employment is for 4 years(based on work permit) or saying he will be permanent?
- There is a section asking - will I hire or train Canadian/permanent residents for the position for which we are requested the LMIA?
I am not how to answer this section, my understand is if he is permanent employee and gets the PR, I will expect him to carry out the responsibilities for a longer period and I will have some junior people getting trained under him to help him. Is it necessary to show a training plan if no, will it go against our plea for LMIA that we are assuming the person to get his PR(which is not done yet) and not respecting the terms of work permit (which is an immediate reason for rejection).
4. I have not hired any head hunters and used a lot of portals to get responses on the job. So far 145 applications have been received in past 1 month. We have detailed comments on each candidate, will this be enough or what is the best timeline to keep the job posted before approaching LMIA approval.