+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dual intent LMIA

Windmill

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Anybody else who has experience with applying for a Dual Intent LMIA? We need a LMIA for a work permit as well for the Express Entry to give us the extra 600 points. We live in Ontario but according the information our employer has to send the LMIA to St Johns. According to Service Canada the application time is on average 8 weeks, the same as the Toronto office. Who applied already for a Dual Intent LMIA and how long took it? Thanks all for your feedback.

Dan_TB

Mar 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
23-05-2016
Passport Req..
22-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
coming soon...
LANDED..........
coming soon...
Windmill said:
Anybody else who has experience with applying for a Dual Intent LMIA? We need a LMIA for a work permit as well for the Express Entry to give us the extra 600 points. We live in Ontario but according the information our employer has to send the LMIA to St Johns. According to Service Canada the application time is on average 8 weeks, the same as the Toronto office. Who applied already for a Dual Intent LMIA and how long took it? Thanks all for your feedback.
As you know Windmill I have a dual intent LMIA.

Here is my timeline:

NOC: 7272
Province: Ontario
Application sent: November 10 (dual intent LMIA)
File number: November 19
End date: February 6
Result: POSITIVE

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Windmill,
I'm on a closed intra-company work permit and my employer wants to help me getting the PR.
My permit expires November 2015 and I was looking at the process of getting the dual intent LMIA.
On ESDC website I found the information we need :
http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/higher_skilled/general//index.shtml

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What I found difficult is the 'transition plan' my company has to put together 'to identify the activities an employer is agreeing to undertake to recruit, retain and train Canadians/permanent residents and to assist TFWs to become permanent residents, if a positive opinion is issued.'
I've already applied with EE and I qualify under both CEC and FSW. The LMIA would boost my points (as it would for so many others). However I'm in NOC A 2171 (IT system analysts) in Ontario, and not sure how easily can an LMIA be obtained for my position.
The consultant who helped me with the EE profile says it's not impossible but honestly I have a feeling it will be a painful process.

Windmill

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
My husband is a truck mechanic. The ad is on jobbank for a while now with a decent salary but they didn't get a single reply from a Canadian. Hopefully the LMIA will come back positive as we're not allowed to work at the moment. I'm flying back to the Netherlands next week to work there since we don't have any income at the moment.

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So sad to hear that. They are really messing up people's lives with these new regulations. And it's usually people who are hard working and want to make an honest living.I hope things will work out for you. From what you told me, your husband's employer should be able to prove he's needed in his job.If you could just keep us posted, I'm curious how much time the entire LMIA process takes.

Windmill

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Thanks for your kind words. I work as a sales associate at The Brick and even there my employer can't find anybody to do the job because people don't want to work nights and weekends. I really hope that it doesn't take forever to get our LMIA, but I definitely keep you all posted.

gysally

Mar 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2015
AOR Received.
27-06-2015
Hi windmill,

I recently have plan to apply my LMIA for Supporting Permanent Residence only. Just wondering that did you get any info back from ESDC in regards to your LMIA application? Could you please share your update here?
Thank you:)

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
Windmill said:
Yes, positive lmia after 2 weeks and 2 days!
So quick? How come? Wow! Congrats :)

Windmill

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
My husband is going to Niagara Falls tomorrow to flagpole. I'll probably fly back to Canada in 2 weeks as a groom for horses on a cargo plane = free flight