+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DUAL INTENT] [EXPRESS ENTRY][STUDY PERMIT]

camillagomes

Mar 24, 2019
Hello everyone!

I am under the express entry process but with a very low score. Got an opportunity to do a Ph.D. and I accepted. However, I got now nominated from Alberta PNP, which brings me to a dual intent - temporary and permanent intention.

Does anyone have or had the same problem and are willing to share your experiences? Cases of success are especially welcome! I am writing my letter of dual intent but I am not sure if there is any specific format!

Thanks a lot!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello everyone!

I am under the express entry process but with a very low score. Got an opportunity to do a Ph.D. and I accepted. However, I got now nominated from Alberta PNP, which brings me to a dual intent - temporary and permanent intention.

Does anyone have or had the same problem and are willing to share your experiences? Cases of success are especially welcome! I am writing my letter of dual intent but I am not sure if there is any specific format!

Thanks a lot!
Agree with above that you don't need to write a letter.

camillagomes

Mar 24, 2019
This seems fine to pursue both applications in parallel. You don't need to write a letter, IMO.
Thank you for your reply but I kind of didn't get what you mean.

What you mean by "don't need to write a letter"? The own CIC references to make a letter explaining the reasons for having a dual process.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You don't agree with either? I am confused now! hahahaha

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/dual-intent-applicants.html

Plus, I was advised by an emigration lawyer that I need to do one letter explaining the reasons.
Dual intent simply means that your study permit app won't be refused because of your PR app. Your study permit app will be assessed as normal. You don't need a letter.

Reactions: bellaluna

Adineh

Jun 5, 2017
Hello everyone!

Thanks a lot!
Hi camillagomes,
Did you receive your study permit visa?
I am in the same boat and confused about what I do.