+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dual intent confusion

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
Hello every one

I have applied for my PNP, the processing will start on next year February 2015 as the quota was filled. I already included my wife in PNP application

I will be applying for my wife OWP next week. Will there be an issue of dual intent?

spyro02

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2014
AOR Received.
19-12-2014
A genuine dual intent is not an issue in Canada (unlike the US). So an officer accusing you of having the intention to settle in Canada permanently, does not have a case to deny your application, because you may also have the intention to stay temporarily and go back home before becoming a permanent resident. They can only deny your application if you have one single intent - staying in Canada no matter what.
As long as you keep in mind that you will have to leave in case your PR application is ultimatively denied, you will be fine.

chantal111

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
Hello

My husband applied for BC PNP as a Principal applicant and he added me as a dependent..

My question is : can i also apply for BC PNP if i am qualified and add him as a dependent.OR we should have only one application for PNP????

Second question: if we r allowed to have two application, in case one of them is approved ( foe example my husband application) should i withdraw my PNP application or i can also be nominated by myself?????

Thank you guys.
Chantal111