+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dual citizen - Finishing IEC with Aust passport, starting process with UK passpo

jessdav

May 26, 2016
hey there,

I was hoping you guys could help me clarify something.

I am a dual citizen with Australia and the UK. I'm currently on my IEC with my Australian passport but am wondering about doing one with my UK passport when my Aust one is up.

My main question is that if/when I receive an invitation to apply with my UK passport do I answer the question "Have you had an IEC before" with a yes or no? Like do they put that question in there so as to quickly weed out people who have exhausted their IEC allowance or does the question allow for dual citizens? Furthermore, do I include my Canadian work and address on my resume or set that up as if I am in my country of residence, and as if I were coming out to Canada for the first time?

My other question is would I then need a police check from Canada because I've lived there more than 6 months on my Aust IEC visa? I suppose I would, right?

Finally I want to clarify that my NZ police check that I used with my Aust IEC application will be allowed to re-used with my UK application because the certificate was issued after I ceased living there and I've not returned since.

I really hope you can help me out, it's just so hard to find out these things and my head is spinning!

Thank you so much for you help :)

Kindest regards

Jess

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - of course you must answer "yes" to the question regarding having held an IEC visa before. Failure to do so is misrepresentation (lying in an immigration application). This is a general question - it's not specific to either of your citizenships or passports.

No - you don't need a police check for Canada.

I don't know if you can reuse your old NZ PCC. I would err on the side of caution and get a new one if you're not sure.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Just to add - hopefully you're aware that the UK IEC program is way oversubscribed - meaning there are far more applicants each year than openings.

Make sure you have a "plan B" in place in the event you're not selected.