+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dual Bachelor's

MariannMay

Jul 21, 2016
Hello all,

I posted the question already but didn't get any answer.

I completed dual Bachelor's in Canadian university. I understand this counts as two Bachelors.

I created Express Entry profile, but not sure how to input my degree into their form properly. Right now I have two entries with the same school and start/end dates, and with level of education set to "two certificates, diplomas or degrees ...", but with different fields of study.

Is this correct?

Thanks!

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MariannMay said:
Hello all,

I posted the question already but didn't get any answer.

I completed dual Bachelor's in Canadian university. I understand this counts as two Bachelors.

I created Express Entry profile, but not sure how to input my degree into their form properly. Right now I have two entries with the same school and start/end dates, and with level of education set to "two certificates, diplomas or degrees ...", but with different fields of study.

Is this correct?

Thanks!
Do you mean you have two separate Bachelor degrees that completed at different time from the same school?

MariannMay

Jul 21, 2016
Alexios07 said:
Do you mean you have two separate Bachelor degrees that completed at different time from the same school?
No, it is one Bachelor's degree with two fields of study (in my case Computer Science and Physics).

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
I would think they would be listed as two separate degrees depending on the actual title. Is it "Bachelor of Science in Physics and Computers" or are each listed separately?

MariannMay

Jul 21, 2016
mgnlky said:
I would think they would be listed as two separate degrees depending on the actual title. Is it "Bachelor of Science in Physics and Computers" or are each listed separately?
It is one degree. Bachelor of Science, Computer Science and Physics.

Here is this bit from "Educational Credential Assessments – how to read your report". I didn't need ECA, since I studied in Canada, but I assume Canadian dual Bachelor's would be the same.

Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.

Important notice: One must be for a program of three or more years.

ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:

Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-undergraduate certificate
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Post-undergraduate diploma
Graduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
Graduate diploma
two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
one-year of graduate study with a focus in [area of concentration]
Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
MariannMay said:
It is one degree. Bachelor of Science, Computer Science and Physics.

Here is this bit from "Educational Credential Assessments – how to read your report". I didn't need ECA, since I studied in Canada, but I assume Canadian dual Bachelor's would be the same.
Ah yeah. I'd agree it's the Dual Bachelor's Degree (4 years).

MariannMay

Jul 21, 2016
mgnlky said:
Ah yeah. I'd agree it's the Dual Bachelor's Degree (4 years).
My problem is, I don't see a good way to input it into their form. I cannot have one entry with level of education set to "two or more degrees", because fields of study are different, "Computing and Information Technology" and "Science, General". But if I have two entries, it looks as if I claim I have two degrees, and I'm afraid they could reject my application because of that.