+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

drug testing?

minx83

Sep 2, 2009
Tillsonburg, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have my appointment at the DMP coming up in a couple weeks and I was wondering if they run a drug test at all? I dont usually do drugs but I smoked some weed the other day and now I'm worried! HELP!

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
minx83 said:
I have my appointment at the DMP coming up in a couple weeks and I was wondering if they run a drug test at all? I dont usually do drugs but I smoked some weed the other day and now I'm worried! HELP!

LOL, what do you mean by you don't usually do it? And for all, why before the DMP of all times available?

Al.Abed

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
i dont think they do drug tests but if you are worried, there are many ways you can pass the test ;)
lots of products online that have proven to work and depending where you live, u can go to your local weed store and find some drinks.

also depends on how much you smoke, it may not show up. If you dont usually do it and smoked a joint (first time in like 6 months) then it prolly wont even show, Just drink lots of water LOOOOTTTSS of water

peace out duuddee! lol

minx83

Sep 2, 2009
Tillsonburg, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I mean I'm not a pothead or anything. I used to smoke a lot back in the day so I know how to pass a urine test if need be but they also take blood samples and there is no way around that one! I smoked a couple joints with friends at a party. Not a good decision I know!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LMAO! And really I don't even know why I find this funny!

Anyway, no, they don't do drug tests. Just don't smoke anymore. Possession of banned substances/narcotics, even for recreational use, is a crime here and you don't want to risk getting caught (I know it's a LOW risk) and then being found inadmissible on grounds of criminality. This is the time to be squeaky clean! :)

~still laughing~

Misria

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
canda montreal
Lol Al Abed. Peace Dude.. This subject makes me laugh.

No it won't appear for a bit of weed, don't worry. But I suggest that you don't touch anything at least, until you get your medicals done. After that you can party for the cause. LOL

deniserysso

Sep 4, 2009
My understanding, if you're talking about the medical exam, is that they are looking for 2 things: 1) something contagious you could infect Canadians with, or, 2) something horrible that will cost the tax payers a lot of money to fix, i.e., cancer

Halifax-Maple

Star Member
Jul 19, 2009
with all due respect, this is an immigration forum. Medical exams are part of immigration process and questions can be answered for specific points. However, I don't like to see the forum turning into drugs, weed, smoking,...halucination discussion etc etc.
peace.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Halifax-Maple said:
with all due respect, this is an immigration forum. Medical exams are part of immigration process and questions can be answered for specific points. However, I don't like to see the forum turning into drugs, weed, smoking,...halucination discussion etc etc.
peace.
Oh puh-lease! It's not turning into anything. Lighten up. And in case you missed it, the OP did have an immigration question.

Geez dude, living this stuff is hard enough. If we want to have a little chuckle, who cares? Besides, you're not the boss of me! ;op

IsleChik

Sep 16, 2009
Besides, you're not the boss of me!

You forgot - nah nah na na na...

rjessome said:
Halifax-Maple said:
peace.
Oh puh-lease! It's not turning into anything. Lighten up. And in case you missed it, the OP did have an immigration question.

Geez dude, living this stuff is hard enough. If we want to have a little chuckle, who cares? Besides, you're not the boss of me! ;op

KevinsJane

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Geez dude, living this stuff is hard enough. If we want to have a little chuckle, who cares?
Soooooo true!!!!! I'm not sure which is more mind boggling...putting the forms together or the wait! Just am grateful to have a positive mental attitude to do both! And I'm not going to deny having a few glasses of wine every now and then....lol

It was a valid question and KUDOS to OP for being bold enough to ask, what I am sure several others, in the future, may want/need to know! This is what the community is all about!

CHEERS!

colsy

Star Member
Mar 27, 2009
Oh Halifax Maple relax...learn to take things easy. The Canadian visa application procedure is stressful enough. Nothing wrong with a bit of light hearted entertainment.

To the pothead, ahem I mean original poster :)(Joke) - Don't worry this time around, but I wouldn't want to risk smoking more or being caught in the possession of it. I suppose it depends how much you want to go to Canada not to do it.

minx83

Sep 2, 2009
Tillsonburg, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Damn dude! It was a valid question! I'm not trying to turn the forum into Hightimes, I just wanted to know! Relax! I'd say smoke a joint but that just might get me in trouble eh?

Al.Abed

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
minx83 said:
Damn dude! It was a valid question! I'm not trying to turn the forum into Hightimes, I just wanted to know! Relax! I'd say smoke a joint but that just might get me in trouble eh?

bahahahah screw it lets all blaze up. lets all get hi-hi-hiigghh, blow the smoke up in the ska-ska-skyyy

valid question, dont stress it minx, people are just funny