+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Drug testing? (THC)

rob0521

Jul 8, 2010
Hi, I'm having the medical examination soon, and I was wondering if they screen or do a drug test with my blood and urine. Specifically THC, which would show because I smoke MJ.

Please, this is really important, since I'm a really hard working student, get 94/100 average at school and was in AP Math class. So that's that for the pessimist who will jump and try to call me all kinds of names.

My concern is genuine, as I want to continue my studies in such a beautiful country.

Thanks in advance for your time and input in this

Oct 10, 2010
hey! i am having a medical soon and want to know what drug test they do? I use to do drugs but have stopped for overa month and was only a social drug taker. i am really freaking out! im from South Africa and really want to go abroad!

Alsurmi

Sep 14, 2011
I have been looking for the answer myself. I assure you, they don't test for drugs at all.
I have called all doctors designated by CIC Canada and all said they don't test for THC at all.

If you're still in doubt , please do call the doctor and ask , you don't have to give your name .

I hope this help anyone who's in doubt.

Thanks

Aug 13, 2013
Alsurmi said:
I have been looking for the answer myself. I assure you, they don't test for drugs at all.
I have called all doctors designated by CIC Canada and all said they don't test for THC at all.

If you're still in doubt , please do call the doctor and ask , you don't have to give your name .

I hope this help anyone who's in doubt.

Thanks
That does help!

zat

Jul 16, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
I dont think drug testing is part of the requirement.

But to make sure just call up the designated clinic and ask them what all tests do they run for a student.

ckckckck

Mar 2, 2013
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waitin!!!!! under general category
LANDED..........
hope i ll
rob0521 said:
Hi, I'm having the medical examination soon, and I was wondering if they screen or do a drug test with my blood and urine. Specifically THC, which would show because I smoke MJ.

Please, this is really important, since I'm a really hard working student, get 94/100 average at school and was in AP Math class. So that's that for the pessimist who will jump and try to call me all kinds of names.

My concern is genuine, as I want to continue my studies in such a beautiful country.
Thanks in advance for your time and input in this
Dude I did leave 7 days before my medical n it was all clear

theoptimist

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Harare
Visa Office......
Harare / Pretoria, South Africa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2013
Med's Request
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
11-07-2013
Passport Req..
Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2013
LANDED..........
15 AUGUST :D
They most certainly don't test for drugs...they only care about the really bad stuff like STDs and TB. But if you were applying to Australia, then it would have been game over!