+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dropshipping on Work Permit

UKRHUL

Nov 10, 2016
Hi,

I am looking to start Shopify dropshipping store in Canada. I am on Work permit here. Do I need to register business for that? It will be sole proprietorship?

Thank You

Aagaaz

Oct 20, 2018
Hello

I am in the same boat as you. I was wondering if you have figured out the answer of this question yet?

Wingsky75

Feb 8, 2020
Hello,

This is my own point of view in regards to a direct answer to your question. Just to guide to the right direction.

Shopify is an internet or online business tools.
It makes life of online business fanatics easier. It can makes you operates your online business wherever you are in the world as long as internet connection is available.
But different country has/have their own laws and guidelines. Example: TRADEMARKS you need to know how this trademarks works in different country.

I am suggesting to you to check it out to the right agency yourself in Canada.

Wingsky75

Feb 8, 2020
Hello,

This is my own point of view in regards to a direct answer to your question. Just to guide to the right direction.

Shopify is an internet or online business tools.
It makes life of online business fanatics easier. It can makes you operates your online business wherever you are in the world as long as internet connection is available.
But different country has/have their own laws and guidelines. Example: TRADEMARKS you need to know how this trademarks works in different country.

I am suggesting to you to check it out to the right agency yourself in Canada.

In addition please check out first if you are allowed to do other things here in Canada other than working to your registered employer. As far as i know working permits only allows you to work on your employer on files....no other than but that only one.

goodluck

Wingsky75

Feb 8, 2020
What makes it too general? It very specific question of someone with WORK PERMIT obviously he/she is on a WORKING VISA
There only 2 types of work permit in canada
Close or Open work permit.
Obviously he/she is not allowed to do that in close permit. Open work permit might be ok to do that but there is geographical and restriction so might be not. That is why he/she needs to check it out first.