+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Drop the idea of Canada.

ayazf

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
muscattocanada said:
my age is almost the same and my nationality is also India working as a s/w consultant in muscat ... If God wills I am planning to do my first entry with family nxt year then come back apply for a 1.5 yr masters program and then go back alone complete the program and bring my family to toronto ... With PR in hand studies wont be that expensive compared to international students and during that study period u can decide about settling in canada or after ure studies u can go back and continue in Dubai ... even if u plan to go back to Dubai , u can get better opportunity with the Canadian qualification in hand... I also enjoy a gud position in Muscat ... gud work timings ... earing almost 3 times than in India... leaving a life I could nt dream back in India ... but situations are changing in the middle-east ... cant see a future more than 6 yrs here and after that period it ll be too late to migrate ... cant depend on the migration rules to be positive everytime ....
u seem to have made quite a plan, hope it works for u. U have an advantage that ur field doesnt need any special qualification and wud be acceptable there too.

muscattocanada

Star Member
May 14, 2011
muscat
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Mar 2010
AOR Received.
APR 2010... 2nd AOR Aug 2010
File Transfer...
july 2010
Med's Request
15th Feb 2012
Med's Done....
5th may 2012
Interview........
wavied
Passport Req..
Dec 18th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
feb 23rd 2013
U have an advantage that ur field doesnt need any special qualification and wud be acceptable there too.
As per my knowledge every qualification requires up gradation on entering Canada ... Its better to plan studies early than later ... I have seen immigrants looking for jobs on arrival and then after 1 year of not getting any jobs in their field get depressed and then start studing .... It could have been done on arrival ...

I have seen the point system they calculate on education and experiance is just way of entering into Canada ... that does'nt guarentee any jobs ther ....

zub2612

Jul 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Probably never.
Thanks sir. This is the key. When we immigrate, first of all we need to learn about the system. We can't change the system and we will have to change ourselves. "Do in rome as romans do"

I agree with your idea, initially, to spend few months in training and then go for job.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wish you good luck. I really did not want to say this but I have to. Without going into details (of my own experience and others again), this path of getting education first is the path most of new immigrants do. Not only because immigrants want it but because some thought as you did. Unlike the US (as I said before), Canada does not have jobs for these highly qualified. You will end up being categorized as an over-qualified.
I personally have 2 US graduate university degrees. Guys it is not like (what some may think) you or all immigrants are going to take my job. (according to my belief livelihood is in God's hand "El-Raezq beid Allah") realize that evenif I am in charge of immigration the solution is not in reducing immigrants.