+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Driving Licence Exchange from one province to other

singh2367

Dec 11, 2019
Hello everyone,
I recently came to Alberta and exchanged my Indian licence and got GDL licence and now can give the advance test as I got enough points for driving in India.
I plan now to give my full licence test now and obtain the Class 5 full licence.

If I give the test and get the full licence and then move to another province, for example Ontario, will I get full G licence on exchange or will I have to give driving test again?
As my experience for driving in canada will be less but I have 9 years of experience almost driving in India
Please suggest

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello everyone,
I recently came to Alberta and exchanged my Indian licence and got GDL licence and now can give the advance test as I got enough points for driving in India.
I plan now to give my full licence test now and obtain the Class 5 full licence.

If I give the test and get the full licence and then move to another province, for example Ontario, will I get full G licence on exchange or will I have to give driving test again?
As my experience for driving in canada will be less but I have 9 years of experience almost driving in India
Please suggest
1,. Read: https://www.ontario.ca/page/exchange-out-province-drivers-licence