+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

driving from seatle to vancouver

fastwater

Mar 27, 2016
hi everyone,
my pr card is lost and found. and i was wondering if i could still use the card, which is already cancelled by IRCC, if i'm driving back to Canada in my own car through white rock. that way i could avoid applying for the travel document.
does anyone know the if border security actually swipe the card through their computer or judt take a look?
thanks

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Of course they swipe it through the computer, specifically to check to see if it's been revoked.

If you are American, you can enter Canada with your US passport.

If you are not, but have your COPR, you could try to enter with that and should be able to.

If you do not have your COPR, you may need the PRTD.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hi everyone,
my pr card is lost and found. and i was wondering if i could still use the card, which is already cancelled by IRCC, if i'm driving back to Canada in my own car through white rock. that way i could avoid applying for the travel document.
does anyone know the if border security actually swipe the card through their computer or judt take a look?
thanks
You are fine to enter in your own car at a land border. Just show your current card and explain. As long as CBSA doesn't believe that you don't meet the Residency Obligation, you will have no issues.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Of course they swipe it through the computer, specifically to check to see if it's been revoked.

If you are American, you can enter Canada with your US passport.

If you are not, but have your COPR, you could try to enter with that and should be able to.

If you do not have your COPR, you may need the PRTD.
It doesn't matter either way. A valid PR card or PRTD is not required to enter Canada by non-commercial means at a land border.

Reactions: k.h.p.

fastwater

Mar 27, 2016
It doesn't matter either way. A valid PR card or PRTD is not required to enter Canada by non-commercial means at a land border.
thanks for answering. it's a long story. i just renewed my card in august but the card was not received at my mailing address. i reported never received card but then found it mailed to my permanent address. now IRCC wants me to pick up the new card at vancouver local office. my local visa center told me that PRTD takes 1-2 months to get, that's simply too long...