+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Driving Abstract from RTO India format, does it need to be notarized?

KD14

Jan 7, 2020
Hello all,

I had a very bad experience recently with ICBC (Richmond office), that is the licensing dept of BC. I submitted my Indian DL which was issued in 2015 to give the knowledge test, at first they behaved as if I am a fraudster and went with the expression "Oh Indian DL! (eyebrows raised)". Then they went to check the DL in parivahan.gov.in and found the details but still went on to question " How do we know this is a driving license and you do not have multiple copies?" Then they went on to verify it but said it is not enough proof of driving experience and I need to give a driving abstract from RTO who issued the license. I have already talked to RTO about it to get one.
I have 2 questions, has anyone dealt with ICBC and know what format they need? Also, should I notarize the abstract as I am very sceptical of the office I am dealing with, they seem very unhelpful and xenophobic. Please help.

Jan 13, 2021
Bro, in the same situation. ICBC employee was extremely rude when i went in to give my class 5L knowledge test. It was funny too, she took out an book called “How to spot fake ids” and then went ahead to stare at my license for 15 mins. Then i gave my knowledge test and passed. I have an test on Jan 18th 2021 but recieved call from them today(Jan 12th 2021) saying that i had submitted duplicate copy of my license(i lost the original) and said either i need to get my original license or bring letter from RTO stating my driving experience. Its really annoying and stupid. Bro tell me how did it go for you and if you have any advice

nrmr82

Jan 9, 2018
Longueuil
Category........
QSW
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
July 2020
Doc's Request.
Nov 2020
Hello all,

I had a very bad experience recently with ICBC (Richmond office), that is the licensing dept of BC. I submitted my Indian DL which was issued in 2015 to give the knowledge test, at first they behaved as if I am a fraudster and went with the expression "Oh Indian DL! (eyebrows raised)". Then they went to check the DL in parivahan.gov.in and found the details but still went on to question " How do we know this is a driving license and you do not have multiple copies?" Then they went on to verify it but said it is not enough proof of driving experience and I need to give a driving abstract from RTO who issued the license. I have already talked to RTO about it to get one.
I have 2 questions, has anyone dealt with ICBC and know what format they need? Also, should I notarize the abstract as I am very sceptical of the office I am dealing with, they seem very unhelpful and xenophobic. Please help.

Here in quebec, some states like telangana,MP are not listed on parivahan.gov.in :D

I took DL extract and they wouldn't even consider any document other than parivahan.gov.in. and asked me wait until they get further instruction from Indian RTO to consider my file.

For some who do not have a chip in thier license it is similar headache. It has been 6 months and 3 appointments for me just to get to open my file. I still have theory and particals. Lol

I hope i will get a license this year. Fingers crossed

heynow

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Hello all,

No it doesn't.

Harry1212

Nov 21, 2020
Bro, in the same situation. ICBC employee was extremely rude when i went in to give my class 5L knowledge test. It was funny too, she took out an book called “How to spot fake ids” and then went ahead to stare at my license for 15 mins. Then i gave my knowledge test and passed. I have an test on Jan 18th 2021 but recieved call from them today(Jan 12th 2021) saying that i had submitted duplicate copy of my license(i lost the original) and said either i need to get my original license or bring letter from RTO stating my driving experience. Its really annoying and stupid. Bro tell me how did it go for you and if you have any advice
Hey bro , so you got your driving record from India ? And did it get passed , i have the same issue as you , icbc agent said licence was not verified and you need to driving record from rto to prove experience ?

Arungaur

Sep 1, 2020
Hello all,

Arungaur

Sep 1, 2020
well the process is little complicated, you need the get you driving abstract from india with the RTO office stamp on it. When you will receive abstract from india make sure you don’t open the package ICBC will open the package. Just tell them i am here to submit my driving records. Once you submit that wait for 30 days ICBC will send you letter of approval driving records
Then you are good to go for your class 5

Arungaur

Sep 1, 2020
Hello all,