+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Driver's license

Peppy

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Hi

I'm planning to migrate to Canada from the UAE. I have got a UAE driving license. I just want to know if it's possible to get the license in Canada with my UAE license or I should go with all the tests over thr ?

Thanks!

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
You cant swap your UAE license for a Canadian one. You have to give all the tests.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Peppy said:
Hi

I'm planning to migrate to Canada from the UAE. I have got a UAE driving license. I just want to know if it's possible to get the license in Canada with my UAE license or I should go with all the tests over thr ?

Thanks!
Your UAE licence will possibly assist in shortening some of the Canadian license testing steps but is not eligible for a direct exchange. The exact requirements are province specific.

greengoo5

Star Member
Aug 31, 2016
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Depends on the provincial rule.

I can speak for Ontario. Your UAE License would be valid for 60 days after landing. If you have sufficient experience, you'll have to appear for lesser tests. But nevertheless, you'll have to appear for tests.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
xpressentry said:
You cant swap your UAE license for a Canadian one. You have to give all the tests.
That's incorrect. Foreign licence credit may permit some of the tests to be skipped.

Ayam93

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi Guys

I want to know about Letter of driving license Authentication from rto/dto India.
Do we still need that letter to show our driving experience to get license or just license is enough. As nowadays we have license with chip..

Please help

samarah

Jul 11, 2015
Hello

I would like to know if I need to get my Dubai driver license validated in order to get canadian license G right away. Is there a way a letter is issued in Dubai? or it has to be validated by the Embassy in Ottawa??

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hello

I would like to know if I need to get my Dubai driver license validated in order to get canadian license G right away. Is there a way a letter is issued in Dubai? or it has to be validated by the Embassy in Ottawa??
You can't exchange a Dubai license for an *Ontario* G licence right away.
https://www.drivetest.ca/licences/licence-exchanges/licence-exchanges-cars-small-trucks-and-vans.html

You can have your experience credited to skip the mandatory wait times to take the road tests (or skip the G1 exit road test) after procuring your G1 licence.
https://www.drivetest.ca/licences/licence-exchanges/foreign-licence-experience-credits.html

You will have to check with the local Dubai authority for the exact procedure, if it is possible if you are outside of Dubai. You can also try searching on this forum, pretty sure you're not the only person from Dubai to have to do this.