+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Driver's license in QC while waiting for PR process

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi everyone,

Is it possible to get a QC driver's license while waiting for the PR process? Can I apply for a more formal temporary visitor visa? I don't think I can get a license if I don't have a visa, even if temporary. And I really need one or the insurance peeps for our car will get unhappy...

325i

Star Member
May 30, 2017
Hi everyone,

Is it possible to get a QC driver's license while waiting for the PR process? Can I apply for a more formal temporary visitor visa? I don't think I can get a license if I don't have a visa, even if temporary. And I really need one or the insurance peeps for our car will get unhappy...
If you are from one of the countries that canada has an agreement with and you have 2+ year of expensive, I believe you might get a driver's license with a visitor record. Even if you are not from those countries, a visitor record might allow you to get one. I'm not sure about this. I have a visitor record and from what I heard, I was able to swap my american license for a quebec one but never did it since I'm actively traveling back and forth.

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
If you are from one of the countries that canada has an agreement with and you have 2+ year of expensive, I believe you might get a driver's license with a visitor record. Even if you are not from those countries, a visitor record might allow you to get one. I'm not sure about this. I have a visitor record and from what I heard, I was able to swap my american license for a quebec one but never did it since I'm actively traveling back and forth.
What is a visitor record? :)