+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Drivers Licence with Indian DL Experience

adnan.mohammed

Aug 2, 2017
I have a Drivers Licence Extract from the Regional Transport Officer which includes my driving history etc. on a the RTO letter head. Am I required to get this attested from the Ministry of External Affairs to directly attempt the G licence in Canada?

Aady07

Jul 16, 2019
I have a Drivers Licence Extract from the Regional Transport Officer which includes my driving history etc. on a the RTO letter head. Am I required to get this attested from the Ministry of External Affairs to directly attempt the G licence in Canada?
It's already an official document by the RTO and they know the value of the doc.

No, you don't require it to be attested by MEA.

adnan.mohammed

Aug 2, 2017
Thanks for the reply. I noticed now that there is no 'Seal' in the DL extract. It was an online copy. I am not sure if they would accept it without a seal as I read somewhere in quora that they did not accept DL extract without a seal.

Aady07

Jul 16, 2019
Thanks for the reply. I noticed now that there is no 'Seal' in the DL extract. It was an online copy. I am not sure if they would accept it without a seal as I read somewhere in quora that they did not accept DL extract without a seal.
How come you took a document without the RTO stamp? Goto the RTO and get it stamped. Make sure it has a signature of the inspector. Whenever you need the extract for abroad, make sure you goto the RTO and get it from there.

adnan.mohammed

Aug 2, 2017
This extract was given in the RTO office, there is a printed signature, but the rubber stamp seal isn't there. I am going to go there again and request them for the seal.

adnan.mohammed

Aug 2, 2017
Thanks, got the document with the seal. The extract issue date was Mar 2019, I will be arriving in Canada in Feb 2020. Would you know how long is the validity of the document from the extract date, incase if I get delayed beyond March 2021 (2 years beyond the extract date).
Not able to attach the extract here.

Last edited: