+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Driver experience letter

Emil7

Star Member
Jan 13, 2018
I need to get drive experience letter from back home. Is there has to be stamp on letter or not? Because there is no information about stamp in drivertest.ca.

Here2help

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
It has to be in the Embassy’s official Pad with the stamp and the signature of the responsible person.

Emil7

Star Member
Jan 13, 2018
It has to be in the Embassy’s official Pad with the stamp and the signature of the responsible person.
Do you have any information about this?this is my friends situation
"When I applied to G1 I marked that I dont hold any driver license out of Ontario (because I forgot it at back home) . But now I get my back home licence (my parents send it to me), and I want to update my information. Cause without it I have to wait 2 years to get full licence".

Here2help

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
D. Letters of Authentication
If you claim that you have more than 12 months of previous driving experience on your application form at the DriveTest Centre, you must provide an original letter of authentication to gain credit for all that experience. If you do not provide a letter of authentication, you will get credit for only 12 months of driving experience. The letter of authentication:

• May be acquired from the Embassy, Consulate or High Commissioner’s Office representing the originating jurisdiction, OR from the jurisdiction that originally issued the licence, validating the authenticity of the licence.
  • Must be on the originator’s official letterhead paper.
  • Must be dated no more than 6 months prior to application date.
  • Must clearly state that it is certifying the duration of the applicant’s driving experience and that the licence to which it refers is valid – the licence cannot be expired or suspended.
  • If not in English or French, you must have it translated by an MTO-recognized translator.

Last edited:

Emil7

Star Member
Jan 13, 2018
I personally got my G license exactly like I mentioned.

D. Letters of Authentication
If you claim that you have more than 12 months of previous driving experience on your application form at the DriveTest Centre, you must provide an original letter of authentication to gain credit for all that experience. If you do not provide a letter of authentication, you will get credit for only 12 months of driving experience. The letter of authentication:

• May be acquired from the Embassy, Consulate or High Commissioner’s Office representing the originating jurisdiction, OR from the jurisdiction that originally issued the licence, validating the authenticity of the licence.
  • Must be on the originator’s official letterhead paper.
  • Must be dated no more than 6 months prior to application date.
  • Must clearly state that it is certifying the duration of the applicant’s driving experience and that the licence to which it refers is valid – the licence cannot be expired or suspended.
  • If not in English or French, you must have it translated by an MTO-recognized translator.
So you think he can change information (because he marked that he dosent have licence when he applied for g1) about his experience?

Here2help

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
Yes he can add experience (change) any time before the road test. Just to make sure he have the Embassy letter with him. Hope that helps

Prince_Mohali

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Hi can any one tell me what I have to mention in driving license experience, and should I also need to get it signed by RTO OFFICE