+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dress Code and Taking a video on Oath Ceremony

kelly0920

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Hello all,

I know this is common sense but I would like to ask if it's okay to wear my national costume on Citizenship ceremony.. Not that I don't have respect for Canada but I want to send a message that I am Canadian but I don't forget where I came from. Is that okay? It says, traditional costume is okay? So I think, this is a yes?

Another question, is it okay to take a video and post it on youtube? I know we have a consent form that could be used by Immigration but I am a vlogger who would want to post it on youtube. I have seen other people doing it but I don't think they have permission? I am not sure if I am allowed to do that. Other people have done it but it doesn't mean, it's okay to do the same?

Thank you!

Reactions: tankala13

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Only comment I would make given you state you are a YouTube vlogger so assume you maybe have following is to maybe be respectful of other people’s privacy in attendance who may not want to appear on YouTube. Filming for home/personal viewing is one thing but publishing on Youtube a whole different thing that some people might not be happy about

Last edited:

tankala13

Feb 22, 2012
Hello all,

I know this is common sense but I would like to ask if it's okay to wear my national costume on Citizenship ceremony.. Not that I don't have respect for Canada but I want to send a message that I am Canadian but I don't forget where I came from. Is that okay? It says, traditional costume is okay? So I think, this is a yes?

Another question, is it okay to take a video and post it on youtube? I know we have a consent form that could be used by Immigration but I am a vlogger who would want to post it on youtube. I have seen other people doing it but I don't think they have permission? I am not sure if I am allowed to do that. Other people have done it but it doesn't mean, it's okay to do the same?

Thank you!
What's your channel?

nataliafrance

Mar 24, 2015
Would make sure you are blurring out the faces of other attendees. You may want to be on YouTube but they have their right to privacy.
Yea I agree with that! It’s not something that we all want to share out with the world.. so personally if someone is filming me during the ceremony I would be quite annoyed, particularly if this video ends up uploaded on YouTube!

Reactions: Varunaimar

kelly0920

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Thank you all for your response. I have watched videos on YouTube and honestly, I don't think I can take videos at all as I will have my full attention to the ceremony.

If I could take some videos, I'll make sure I'll blur faces. I was just a bit curious coz I've seen videos (not owned by Immigration) that posted people's faces so wondering if I could do the same (blurring faces takes forever to edit lol)

What's your channel?
My channel is mostly in my language (Filipino) so I don't think it's worth sharing. I only have a handful of English videos..

kelly0920

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Hello all, just to give you an update, I was allowed to take a video. I asked the lady who looked at my documents and she told me the consent form we signed is actually for everybody, not just for media. So I took a video and posted it on my channel.

To those who wanted to watch the video, here it is..

As for dress code, some wore really nice, some wore traditional costume, some didn't really care. I even saw a person who wore a ripped jeans, I guess, they didn't want to make it a big deal. But to me who have gone thru a lot to get my citizenship, it is. I even invited my inlaws who are an hour drive away (that means, they didn't go to work to attend), my sister and husband took half day off from work to be with me because it was my special day. Finally, I am a Canadian Citizen. After almost 10 years.

nanni_doc

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
warsawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 December 2014
Doc's Request.
13 May 2015
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
dont know
Med's Request
14 May 2015
Med's Done....
15 May 2015
Interview........
Third Line Update - 28 May 2015, DM/FLU - 25 June 2015
Passport Req..
7th July 2015; passports submitted: 7July 2015; Passports received back: 16 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
26 june 2015
LANDED..........
Hopefully in November
Congratulations and thanks for sharing. Completely understand and relate to your emotions.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Hello all, just to give you an update, I was allowed to take a video. I asked the lady who looked at my documents and she told me the consent form we signed is actually for everybody, not just for media. So I took a video and posted it on my channel.

To those who wanted to watch the video, here it is..

As for dress code, some wore really nice, some wore traditional costume, some didn't really care. I even saw a person who wore a ripped jeans, I guess, they didn't want to make it a big deal. But to me who have gone thru a lot to get my citizenship, it is. I even invited my inlaws who are an hour drive away (that means, they didn't go to work to attend), my sister and husband took half day off from work to be with me because it was my special day. Finally, I am a Canadian Citizen. After almost 10 years.
Thank you for sharing your wonderful moments. Congratulations!

Hasan9999