Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
20-02-2017
Med's Done....
11-02-2017
I have been closely monitoring CIC draws since the November 16 changes. CIC had several technical hiccups after implementing the new points system and since then they have adopted a systematic approach in conducting their draws. It is simple, very predictable and has 100% accuracy so far.

They run few system maintenance on Tuesdays each month. If you check the page where you log in to your myCIC, you'll notice the date and time when there will be one. The thing is; they never conduct draws on the day following their server maintenance (Wednesday).

So if you notice a highlight saying there will be a scheduled maintenance this Tuesday, do not expect a draw to be held that Wednesday. If you check on a Monday and do not see any scheduled maintenance for the week, chances are high there will be a draw on Wednesday.

All the best wishes to those of you members of Ray of Hope threads. ;)

haceeb

Feb 8, 2015
And if theres a gap of 2 or 3 weeks between draws then what??

If they have decided to have draw after 3 weeks, there will be a scheduled maintenance each week ?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Gooner said:
I have been closely monitoring CIC draws since the November 16 changes. CIC had several technical hiccups after implementing the new points system and since then they have adopted a systematic approach in conducting their draws. It is simple, very predictable and has 100% accuracy so far.

They run few system maintenance on Tuesdays each month. If you check the page where you log in to your myCIC, you'll notice the date and time when there will be one. The thing is; they never conduct draws on the day following their server maintenance (Wednesday).

So if you notice a highlight saying there will be a scheduled maintenance this Tuesday, do not expect a draw to be held that Wednesday. If you check on a Monday and do not see any scheduled maintenance for the week, chances are high there will be a draw on Wednesday.

May be you should change the topic name to "Know when there will NOT be a draw".

Gooner

Jun 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
20-02-2017
Med's Done....
11-02-2017
Maverick28 said:
May be you should change the topic name to "Know when there will NOT be a draw".
It works both ways doesn't it? :D

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Gooner said:

Yawn. Old Topic. Discussed to death. There is no way we can know if the gap is 2, 3 or 4 weeks between a draw! Yes, we know that the week they do a maintenance, we wont have a draw that wednesday. That's common knowledge. But they DO NOT do maintenance every week. However we have had weeks pass with no draws. And sometimes they do draw on a Friday or a Thursday too. I think you need to go back to re-working your theory. ;D

Gooner

Jun 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
20-02-2017
Med's Done....
11-02-2017
johnsyk said:
Yawn. Old Topic. Discussed to death. There is no way we can know if the gap is 2, 3 or 4 weeks between a draw! Yes, we know that the week they do a maintenance, we wont have a draw that wednesday. That's common knowledge. But they DO NOT do maintenance every week. However we have had weeks pass with no draws. And sometimes they do draw on a Friday or a Thursday too. I think you need to go back to re-working your theory. ;D
Well I think you don't really have a valid point to discuss there. My idea is simple and it worked every single week since November 16; if there's maintenance there will be no draw that week and vice versa. It doesn't tell you when is the next draw or how long will be the gap, but it simply gives you a signal as you get to know if there'll be a maintenance earlier in the week, which means you get to know whether or not there will be a draw in advance.

Surely they DO NOT do maintenance every week and that IS the common sense you are missing, they need to conduct draws don't they? They had back to back weekly maintenance in March 17 because they had a 3 week break between two draws. So yeah, it does work.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Please look at your headline again. You write - KNOW When there will be draw. So HOW will I know WHEN there will be a draw? As someone else rightly pointed out, your topic headline does not make any sense and is truly misleading.

Reactions: lino82

Gooner

Jun 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
20-02-2017
Med's Done....
11-02-2017
johnsyk said:
So HOW will I know WHEN there will be a draw?
When there is no scheduled maintenance announced for the week. That is HOW you know there will be a draw conducted THAT WEEK.

The idea is to help those anticipating an invite not to waste their day refreshing CIC website and filling ROH threads with questions regarding the draw when there was a clear signal few days earlier that CIC won't be conducting a draw that week.

Sorry to disappoint but neither the title nor the content of this topic claimed to have a crystal ball that tells on which day the draw will be conducted, how many ITAs and the lowest CRS score. If you found the whole thing boring and discussed to death, you could have simply moved on with your life instead of being an eristic. But, you are welcome to provide any solid evidence to prove the assumptions wrong, invalid and misleading. Cheers

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Gooner said:
When there is no scheduled maintenance announced for the week. That is HOW you know there will be a draw conducted THAT WEEK.
This is exactly what I mean by misleading. If there is no scheduled maintenance announced for the week, there is no guarantee that there will be a draw that week!

Why is it so difficult to understand? And moving on and ignoring a post is not the solution. When you give misleading information, it passes the wrong information for people who don't know better.

This is how it should read:-

If there is a maintenance scheduled that week, you can be assured that there wont be a draw that week. However if there no scheduled maintenance announced for the week, there may or may not be a draw that week.

I am done arguing with you. Anyone reading now will understand what I am trying to say. Cheers.

Gooner

Jun 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
20-02-2017
Med's Done....
11-02-2017
johnsyk said:
This is exactly what I mean by misleading. If there is no scheduled maintenance announced for the week, there is no guarantee that there will be a draw that week!

Why is it so difficult to understand? And moving on and ignoring a post is not the solution. When you give misleading information, it passes the wrong information for people who don't know better.

This is how it should read:-

If there is a maintenance scheduled that week, you can be assured that there wont be a draw that week. However if there no scheduled maintenance announced for the week, there may or may not be a draw that week.

I am done arguing with you. Anyone reading now will understand what I am trying to say. Cheers.
You want guarantees while I'm talking about a pattern that has been 100% consistent since November 2016 ! If this is not enough proof then I don't know what is ?!

Once again, you are more than welcome to provide a solid evidence to prove your point (and prove me wrong). A single week from Nov 2016 when there were no scheduled maintenance and CIC didn't conduct a draw.

Until you do so, I am afraid you are the one misleading and I am done dealing with your eristic posts.

canada_dreamer

Apr 10, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't see any system maintenance notice. Based on that, there should be a draw tomorrow.

Gooner

Jun 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
20-02-2017
Med's Done....
11-02-2017

SinghRaj

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
24-mar-2017
AOR Received.
07-Apr-2017
There was a system maintenance on Tuesday this week, lets see your so called predication.