+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Draw #176 for CEC - Discuss queries with documentation and process - After ITA

sk1622

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
Hey Experienced members,
While the CIC website states that CEC candidates do not need to provide document for financial support .However, I had requested my bank to issue one and the same was received prior to the date when ITA was received.
Question here is-
1.Is it significant that the letter issued by the financial institution should be of the date post when ITA was issued?
2.My bank has stated all the pointers that are required for the letter except for average balance maintained in last 6 months(they have instead added current balance) and suggested to attach the e-statements for past 6 months. Will that work or go against the format specified?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
I recently got an ITA for CEC clause.
To make my application for Canada PR "Simple and ease" for immigration officers .
Question1 : Can I remove all my foreign experience however I am attaining more than a cutoff score ?
NOTE:- It will take longer time to fetch all the foreign experience reference letters though its legitimate
Question 2:- Mistakenly I have answered "yes" to this question " Is employees job offer from the employer named on the current work permit?" Which added 50 points to my CRS score , I just learnt this error post ITA. Ask if it is ok to change the option to NO after ITA received ? as my application still meets the cut off score.
Okay to both as long as your score is above the cut off and you still meet the CEC minimum entry criteria (valid language exam based on NOC and one year Canadian work experience). You can add an LOE explaining the change if you so wish.

Last edited:
Reactions: testershafia

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hey Experienced members,
While the CIC website states that CEC candidates do not need to provide document for financial support .However, I had requested my bank to issue one and the same was received prior to the date when ITA was received.
Question here is-
1.Is it significant that the letter issued by the financial institution should be of the date post when ITA was issued?
2.My bank has stated all the pointers that are required for the letter except for average balance maintained in last 6 months(they have instead added current balance) and suggested to attach the e-statements for past 6 months. Will that work or go against the format specified?
CECs are not required to get POF. Why do you have to make it complicated?

read the note on this link:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

In case you added an amount in the funds section, change it to 0 so the system won’t ask you for PoF. In case it still asks you for one, upload an LOE instead mentioning the above link. Let’s keep it simple. :)

sk1622

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
CECs are not required to get POF. Why do you have to make it complicated?

read the note on this link:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

In case you added an amount in the funds section, change it to 0 so the system won’t ask you for PoF. In case it still asks you for one, upload an LOE instead mentioning the above link. Let’s keep it simple. :)
Yes, had read this thread that You posted above from CIC. Thank You for Your suggestion!

testershafia

Feb 15, 2021
Okay to both as long as your score is above the cut off and you still meet the CEC minimum entry criteria (valid language exam based on NOC and one year Canadian work experience). You can add an LOE explaining the change if you so wish.
Thank you for the quick response

JamTur

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
Hi Guys. Just a quick question. When completing the PR application there is a question about our UCI. Do we use the UCI that is shown on our student permit/work permit or the New UCI that is shown in the Express Entry Profile?

sk1622

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
Hi Experienced Members,
Question: For Passport, they have asked to submit the bio pages along with any visa or stamp pages, I have the visa stampting until Dec 2020 while I am still waiting for my passport to be stamped based on the current work permit extension.
Will that create a discrepancy in my application stating why there is no visa in the passport for the current status?

frskie

Mar 27, 2017
Hi Experienced Members,
Question: For Passport, they have asked to submit the bio pages along with any visa or stamp pages, I have the visa stampting until Dec 2020 while I am still waiting for my passport to be stamped based on the current work permit extension.
Will that create a discrepancy in my application stating why there is no visa in the passport for the current status?

I think you can attach LOE explaining this situation. Also, visa only allows entry to the country, work permit is your status in the country. I returned on tourism trips from USA many times with expired Canadian visa, as long as my work permit was up to date. But again, i think just describe all of this in a letter of explanation

sk1622

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
I think you can attach LOE explaining this situation. Also, visa only allows entry to the country, work permit is your status in the country. I returned on tourism trips from USA many times with expired Canadian visa, as long as my work permit was up to date. But again, i think just describe all of this in a letter of explanation
Thank You! Appreciate Your input.

talktoudaykumar

Sep 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
11-03-2021
Nomination.....
ITA 14-02-2021
AOR Received.
11-03-2021
Med's Done....
25-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2021
Hi Expert Members,

One quick Question on Passport. I do have one old passport and currently renewed to the new one. Do we need to provide the copies of OLD passport as Old passport has few stamps and travel-related VISA stamps of last 10 years.

Please guide.

CoveBosniaTz

May 28, 2019
Quick question:
On the checklist they are asking for my and my wife's post secondary diplomas, but I didn't say on my Express Entry profile that I or my wife have post secondary diploma. I opened profile with High School, not claiming any points on higher education. Anyone has same issues? What to attach on those fields? My occupation is under B, not requiring any special education (NOC says may require but my company never asked or require)
Thanks,

JamTur

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
Hi guys. Quick question. My document checklist is asking for Family Member Proof of Status. Not sure what that means. Please note I am a single applicant.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi guys. Quick question. My document checklist is asking for Family Member Proof of Status. Not sure what that means. Please note I am a single applicant.
Did you claim points for relatives living in Canada?

jar_brz

Oct 30, 2019
Hello folks,

After the draw, I reviewed my profile and found some mistakes due to mistyping. I changed my Primary NOC, the NOC of my Canadian experience, and one Celpip score. I did this after the draw, but before receiving the ITA (I am still eligible for CEC after the changes).

My profile was locked after the changes, so the information that is frozen is right.

Should I explain the changes in the LoE or they will compare my post-ITA application with the locked profile?

Thanks