+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DR 2 Timeline

Janj

Dec 16, 2015
My wife and two children asked for asylum in september 2012. They were given asylum in September 2013. They put up their application for PR including me ( I m in Pakistan but my name was included in thier application) in December 2013. They have been given PR in September 2015. My wife was informed that my application will be processed concurrently along with their case. Now my wife was informed that I, her husband, will be given PR visa within 3 months ,which period has already elapsed. I recieved 2 letters from Islamabad Immigration, after my wife,s PR, that they have recieved my application( after 2 years) and another one that my application is in process of review. Any idea about how much more time they will take. How much time DR 2 takes. Has my background etc been checked or not as yet ? Any body can bother to throw light ? Thanx a lot brothers and sisters.

candy92

Jan 28, 2014
Hi,
Not sure if you are still looking for an answer to this, but I just read through this thread. I have a similar case to your's. I received my PR here in Canada in April 2015, and then my husband (in Pakistan) just received his passport and medical requests in Feb, 2016. I know its said that the process is supposed to be done concurrently but it actually is taking a bit longer for the processing of DR 2 dependents.
Hope this helps:)